Stuck on starbucks

Seeing no sign of life at Emily's desk, Miranda turned her attention to Andrea, assistant number one.
Andrea shot up, notebook in hand. It may have only been nine in the morning but Andrea was ready for today's list of vague, unreasonable and sometimes impossible tasks.
"I want my meeting with the fashion department rescheduled. Tell them that I want the spring line shown to me today at three thirty. Not next week, not tomorrow, but today. Call Michael Kors and have his assistant fax over the documents I requested. I'm heading out now, have me connected to Mr Thompson as soon as I arrive back" the orders rolled off her tongue, her eyes slowly moving down to examine today's latest fashion disaster.
Andrea's eyes wondered back up to the older woman, her face as plain as ever. Andrea was pretty sure that even a graduate with a degree in some kind of emotion and behavioural study would still find it impossible to read Miranda's facial emotions. Happy, sad, depressed, lonely. Andrea was fucked if she knew what Miranda was feeling. Maybe Miranda should take up a career as a professional poker player. No emotion, no 'tell' and if anyone dared to try and oust her, one click of her perfectly manicured finger nails and their life wouldn't be worth living.
"When I return I want my star..."
"Starbucks" Andrea scribbled into her black backed book.
Miranda's eyes stopped at a repulsive flat pair of leather soles, Andrea called shoes. Obviously in the rush Andrea had forgotten to slip into her black jimmy choos.
Everyone thought Miranda didn't know but of course she knew, the flats when she's out, her driver calling to warn them when he picked her up. She knew it all and humoured it.
"An-dr-ea do not insult me with your predictions" Miranda's eyes fell on Andrea's. Emily had warned her about this, eye contact with Miranda during a 'dressing down' could make the strongest of business women weep.
"Miranda, I..."
"Do not bore me with such de-tails" Miranda's eyes snapped shut as she tugged on the straps of her custom made Prada bag "GET. ME. MY. STARBUCKS."
Andrea rushed to the glass door before Miranda, holding it open so her boss could stride through. Andrea often wondered if Miranda had given birth to twins with a mere sneeze. Makeup flawless under her perfect white curl, steadily typing on her blackberry no doubt.

Miranda strut down the hallway, watching as busy rooms full of designers, assistants and models quickly emptied because of her mere presence.
A soft smile pulled on her lips when the elevator door had finally shut.
I guess some people love having others fear them.

~

Throwing her six-thousand dollar fur coat onto the small glass desk, Miranda silently sighed when she heard the heels of her assistant following her into her office.
"I expect you have sorted your shoes" Miranda stopped before her desk, turning round to examine the girl.
Andrea eyes fell down to the shoes that hugged her feet, seven hundred dollar Jimmy choos. She didn't see the problem in coming into work in a pair of thirty dollar black shoes but Nigel had near fainted when he had noticed. Realising that as stupid as it sounded, it was problem. Andrea had headed up to the fashion department, counting her blessings that Nigel was the only one that had noticed. She was wrong and of course stupid to think that Miranda hadn't seen her hideous fashion disaster. Miranda knew everything that went on in runway, from the make of the door men's shoes to the gossip and rumours going around the office. She was never interested enough to ask questions about her peers insignificant lives but somehow she knew. Andrea and Emily were convinced that she had another set of eyes under her wave of beautiful white hair.
"Michael Kors assistant has faxed over the documents, they are sitting on your desk" Andrea's eyes stayed glued to the tiny note book she clutched in her hand, ticking off each task as it was completed "the fashion department are not pleased about the meeting being mov....."
"Did I ask them to be pleased?" Miranda's eyes shot into Andrea like knives "I do not have interest in these insignificant details of their emotions. I do not care to know what they are feeling. All I need is for them to do their job and if they are incompetent please inform them that I will have no trouble in filling their position by morning. Do I make myself clear?"
"Yes Miranda" Andrea scribbled the major details of Miranda's latest speech into her notepad. Most people would have ignored it, said that Miranda was having an 'off' day but Andrea knew the truth. When Miranda told you to tell someone something you did it no matter how cruel it was, you just did it.
Miranda raised her eyebrows at the large red Costa cup which had been placed in the centre of her desk. Lifting it up as she walked past, without so much as a blink, Miranda dropped the coffee cup in a small square shaped bin.
Andrea was amazed that Miranda knew her office well enough she was able to locate a bin with out so much as a glance but still needed her assistant to memorise the names of her husbands family.
"Care to explain" Miranda sat at her desk, managing to not so much as put a single crease on this seasons Chanel suit. Actually Andrea wasn't even sure it was this seasons, it would probably be a good six months before it was actually shown in a magazine or even produced for that matter, and by that stage this beautiful Chanel suit would be in a black bin bag by Andrea's desk.
"Sorry Miranda, Starbucks was clos......" Andrea stuttered.
"Details of your incompetence do not interest me. Did I instruct you to go to that Starbucks in particular? Please correct me if I'm wrong.." The words rolled off Miranda's tongue, making Andrea feel smaller with each passing second.
Miranda wrong? Miranda was never wrong, and even if she was it would take some self-destructive, suicidal idiot to call her on it. One click of her perfectly manicured fingers and their live would become a living hell. One phone call and she would find out your dreams and smash them into tiny pieces, black listing your name from every reputable company on American soil.
"Are you deaf?" Miranda firing yet more rhetorical questions at her broke Andrea out of her thoughts.
"I instructed you to connect me to Mr Thompson as soon as I arrived back into the office yet I seem to be talking to myself"  Miranda even held the dead telephone receiver to her ear just to make Andrea feel like even more of a failure.
Stumbling to her desk in her tall Jimmy choos, Andrea managed to connect Miranda to Mr Thomson in a mere ten seconds.
"Starbucks" Miranda ordered.
Starbucks? Andrea was quite sure that wouldn't even qualify as a sentence but she knew what it meant, it meant a twenty minutes walk instead of the usual five to get her boss a strong dose of caffeine.
Some people might call her crazy, but she works for Miranda priestly.
After all this is the job a million girls would kill for, isn't it..?

~

You will see where it begins to cross over with Mamma Mia in the next chapter and Sam Carmichael does make more than just an appearance;)
As this is a new story and I'm not used to writing for devil wears Prada it would be great if I could get some votes / comments just to tell me how I'm doing, is there anything you would like me to change, and/or if I should continue or just leave it as a oneshot.
Also I don't know if Costa is even available in america but it is in the UK, it's delicious and the only other coffee shop I could think of , ahah x
Thanks for reading xxx