Serial bride

I think it would be better to cut the twins out of this? ~ want to hear what you think X
~

Miranda turned the lock on the large wooden door. The oak door seemed to block out all her fears and worries, it seemed to protect her, not that Miranda priestly needed protecting. Once the lock was turned, this house no longer had the Ice Queen confined within its walls, it had the true Miranda priestly....Donna Sheridan, the woman behind the 'mask'.
Her Gucci heels echoed as they hit the marble floor, the ten million dollar town house had the finest furniture within its walls but it was still missing one crucial thing.....people. A person to give her a reason to wake up in the morning, a person to disprove the theory that Miranda priestly was incapable of love.
What to do now? The question Miranda often asked herself after she entered her town house at six every evening. Without anything resembling a social life, Miranda priestly was only surrounded by people in her employment, people she payed to have around.
It was true, Miranda priestly had more time on her hands than a convict and in a way she felt like one. Many would kill to have the dream house but to Miranda's this 'dream' was no better than a dark prison cell.
Doing what had become customary to her life, Miranda grabbed a bottle of red as she passed the kitchen. The black marble rack seemed to be missing a bottle but she quickly dismissed the idea and continued to her office, an office that was used more to watch TV than anything else.
Flicking the switch, the small palace lit up.
"Tanya" Miranda exclaimed as her eyes caught the brunette "Rosie?" Miranda squinted slightly as she scanned the room for any more old faces, not that anyone except the two dynamos had stuck by her though her transformation from Donna Sheridan, the nightclub singer to Miranda Priestly, the devil of the fashion world. The woman everyone feared.
Possibly the biggest undiscovered fashion story of the twenty first century. How Miranda priestly changed from pop queen to ice queen over a man.
That man was now a partner in one of the biggest firms in New York City, she had moved to get away from him but it just seemed to draw her closer. She would grit her teeth when his name was mentioned in the local newspaper although that never stopped her from reading on about which one of his many scandals had made the news this time. Yes, that's right; one of New York's more famous and successful business men had created the iconic dragon. Who knew? perhaps one of the most prominent figures of New York, a person who showed what any woman could achieve with a bit of determination, strength and a sort of 'girl power', had been created by a man.
Miranda froze as the two woman approached her.
"Jesus Tan" Rosie exclaimed as she pressed the side of Miranda's face "she looks like she's had more needles stuck in her face than you" she joked.
It's surprising how one can forget how to express the simplest of emotions after being alone for such a long period of time.
"Your...it's really you" Miranda stuttered for what felt like the first time in her life. Miranda traced her fingers down Rosie's arms, perhaps the first of any type of human skin to skin contact she'd had in months.
"Tan...I think you should get her a glass of water" Rosie glanced back at her friend. She held her hands tightly around Miranda's wrists, not daring to let go.
"No need for water" Tanya snatched the bottle of red out of Miranda's hand. It didn't take a genus to work out where her bottles of wine were mysteriously disappearing to.
"Wh..." Miranda stuttered as she glanced behind Rosie to make sure Tanya was still in fact standing in her office...in New York. "Why are you here?" She asked, immediately snapping back to the iconic dragon.
Miranda priestly was rarely shocked but if a situation did happen to arise; a few stuttered words, if she even opened her mouth, and she was back to her usual far from charming self.
Walking across the carpeted room, Miranda shuffled a few loose pages that lay on the dark mahogany desk. She wasn't working but she could at least make it look like she had something planned.
"At least say your pleased to see us" Rosie avoided Miranda's question completely, hoping that the ice queen herself hadn't noticed, but this is Miranda were talking about, of course she'd noticed. This only confirmed her theory on the phone earlier, they were definitely up to something. Plotting.
"You didn't answer my question" Miranda's lips faded into a thin line as she poured herself a large whiskey. She wasn't in a wine mood tonight. "Out with it" Miranda adapted to the current situation quite quickly, managing a comfortable balance of herself and Miranda priestly.
The three girls friendship wasn't exactly as one sided as you may think. Tanya, the serial bride and Rosie, an accomplished chief; they hadn't got to where they are today without some sort of help, well....Tanya, that's a story for another time.
Rosie's flourishing career hadn't always been so. She'd once been a young trainee in a small restaurant on the outskirts of London until one day she awoke to 147 missed calls and 89 messages from top Chiefs located all around the globe. Her name had been plastered over one of America's top food magazines, a picture of her signature dish appearing on the cover. Strange.
Tanya, however had been harder to please. A top designer had appeared a week before her wedding, hugging a white bag which contained the dress of her dreams. Seems pretty simple....well until her second wedding came around...then the third.
Someone with Tanya's track record would've simplify given up by now, but Miranda didn't even have to ask, she knew the woman's eyes were pealed for husband number four.
"Didn't you receive my gift?"
Miranda watched the red liquid fill Tanya's wine glass. The gift? The champagne bottle had to been from Tanya, who else would sent a gift so deliberately tacky to Queen of the fashion world? The brunette had probably found it hilarious, only for Runways top of the rage security systems, Miranda would've guessed that Tanya has purchased the grift to deliberately watch Miranda's facial expressions when she received it.
"It was...unexpected" Miranda decided with a slight smile. Her two best friends had been here all of five minutes and already achieved something her husband had failed to do.
"I knew you'd like it" Tanya smirked.
"She didn't say she liked it Tan" Rosie chuckled.
Miranda scanned their outfits, something that had become a slight habit whenever she was in someone else's company.
"Please don't make me ask a third time" she looked away just in time, missing the two girls silent argument. Or did she?
"You, yourselves, do know why your here?" Miranda pushed her lips together, licking the last of the whiskey off her lips.
"Oh for gods sake Rosie" Tanya exclaimed making Miranda spin round "we heard" her second sentence was aimed at Miranda.
Miranda's brain obviously not as efficient as usual, or it would've already picked up that who ever sent the gift knew. Tanya knew.
"We know" the two girls yelled in unison.

~