Chapter 16: What Is To Come

[Mystery P.O.V.]

  When the screech of tires and a running engine began to become faint sounds in the day, I rose stealthily from my spot behind the bushes. I stood with my mouth agape, as the small convertible that was in the parking lot moments before had now become a faraway speck on the road. My mind absorbed the tiniest details as I recalled the incident I had just witnessed.

  Who would have known that the woman that was Melody's finest jewel was still attending an educational institution. Though she was not wearing her usual getup, I could still distinguish the person without her gold uniform and makeup. The body enwrapping cloth and painted facade she wore: all seemingly extravagant and simple things that could fool the average person. They were materials that she probably believed were cleverly used as in a way of hiding her identity. I sneered at the sole contemplation of such a thought and let out a derisive laugh. I found it almost amusing as to how foolishly people believed that a simple change of physical appearance could possibly make anyone more challenging to differentiate. I let out another mocking laugh as I obtained information that would help me in my mission.

  After returning to my hidden station near the restaurant, I set up the coordinates of my location and schools around the area in my locator map, narrowing down to the areas that were at perfect distance. Searching through their website's databases, I scanned every possible profile until I came across the familiar face that had just driven away not too long ago. I clicked my tongue in feigned sympathy as I shook my head. How dispiriting. I didn't  believe she'd be at all pleased when she would figure out that her status in both positions would be revoked.

  "Poor, poor, Jenna," I voiced with false emotion, "whatever shall you do?" I chuckled before grinning maliciously at the picture of the smiling girl on my screen.

--------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
Hello, everyone. If you have not noticed yet, I have unpublished most of my works. The reasons are due to my irritation to how my stories were coming out. They need a lot of work in many categories such as the complexity of the characters. I also need to fix the flow of my sentences and many other problems that just write "disaster" on my writing.

In reality I was thinking of doing the same to this story as in unpublishing but I came in terms with myself in at least completing TSIOAN. But there will be no half-baked stuff. It's going to have everything I planned it to have so I hope you continue reading.

I have written a couple of short stories though so I might publish those as I have had them for quite some time. So hopefully you all will enjoy them if you check them out.