Chapter 17: World in Crumbles

*Quick Note*
John's picture above or beside the chapter. Also the images of the characters do not belong to me. They are only visual representations of what I believe my characters would look like. Happy reading!
----------------------------------------------------

[Her P.O.V]

The sky was painted a darkening violet as the sun slowly began to set.

It was a color that almost seemed hypnotic when you gazed at it; holding you in a sort of trance until it became a deep blue, signaling the end of day and the start of a silent night.

It was by then that Sebastian and I had finished our dinner and decided it was time to head back home. Since my car was still at Melody's he offered me a ride in which I refused.

I made him pay for my meal and did not want to impose on his kindness any longer. Besides, he was going to ask for a favor in return for all his kindness so I would rather not be held to that.

On the way back to the direction of Melody's, we cracked jokes and laughed about past memories and old embarassments we lived through when we were younger. Reminiscing about the times we first got in trouble with our parents and how he was stalked by this one girl that really liked him.

I really enjoyed the time we spent together and as we got closer to the location of my car I felt my stomach churn with sadness.

After a while of reminiscing about the past, the car became silent and I was left to dwell on my thoughts.

I really did like Sebastian. I had know him for as long as I could remember. Although he was older and was a business owner with much more important matters to worry about, he still found time to spend with me. He was a very kind hearted person and I would have never figured that after all these years, he would still be my friend.

We eventually arrived at the parking lot where my car was parked and I turned in Sebastian's to give him my thanks. He smiled at me as I got off his car and told me he would wait until I got on my car. I sighed and shook my head at his worry and strode off to the direction of my vehicle.

I walked to the driver's side and was about to open my door when I rose my head to look in the direction of my long time friend one last time.

I gave him one last smile in which he returned for a slight moment until his face fell. His face contorted into worry and fear as he opened his mouth to say something, but he was a second too late. Before I could tilt my head in confusion, a loud sound filled the silence of the nearly empty parking lot. That sound was accompanied with a thunderous pain to the back of my head.

I had taken a tremendous blow to the head and began to lose consciousness on my journey to the hard cement floor. Once I hit the ground, I tried my best to get up but the strength from my body was depleting quickly. All I could do was lay helplessly where I was and listen to the sounds of punching and fighting before I finally blacked out.