chapter 19 music on spotify

i find hunter laying back on the couch, feet crossed on the coffee table. and he's got 2 cans of cactus cooler, best in cali.

"want a drink?" he asks me, handing me a cactus cooler.

"thanks." i say, grabbing the can. can never resist a good cactus cooler in summer.

then i whip out my phone and quickly download spotify.

"are the songs on dr tan's playlists all from the 70s?" he jokingly asks.

"actually, surprisingly no." i say, passing dr tan's playlist to him.

-
hunter's POV
-

as i scroll through 'all songs' under 'dr tan's clients only' and i find songs like 'wasn't expecting that by jamie lawson', 'some minds by flume ft. andrew wyatt' and 'bad blood by taylor swift ft. kendrick lamar'.

turns out dr tan wasn't an old timey, wasn't expecting that.

A/N- pun intended

"so bob, i took the week off too."

"why did you do that?" she asks, kind of upset. her dedication to s.h.i.e.l.d never wavered.

"to stay with you love." i say, squeezing her free hand.

"i'm honestly fine." she tells me.

"i'd love to think like that, but i think i love you too much." confessing my love openly wasn't my kind of thing, but for bobbi, everything was my kind of thing.

she stops talking and looks at me. her piercing blue eyes talk to me. that's one of the many beautiful things about her. i could go on talking all day about her voluminous, golden curls, her sapphire-aquamarine blue eyes, her luscious, full lips...   

and i take another gulp of my cactus cooler.

refreshing, with a kick of lemon.

best way to spend a hot cali summer.

-
bobbi's POV
-

i look at hunter once more before realising that we've been sitting together, holding hands and drinking cactus cooler for a straight 10 minutes. i get up and let go of his hand before getting my phone out and going on spotify. i go to 'for the ones that feel love', hit shuffle and put on my headphones.

i want you to breath me, let me be your air

i immediately recognise the song. how deep is your love by calvin harris ft. disciples

let me roam your body freely

i walk to the kitchen to the beat of the song

how deep is your love, is it like nirvana?

and i open the fridge, looking for some leftovers to eat.

hit me harder again

i find some singapore noodles, still in the takeaway container.

how deep is your love, is it like the ocean?

then i pour it out into a bowl and put it in the microwave for 1 minute.

what devotion are you?

as i wait for the noodles to warm up, i tap my foot along to the beat.

*ding*

ah, finally.

i open the microwave and the wonderful infusion of singapore noodles fill my nose and i get a pair of chopsticks and my noodles and sit back next to hunter.