chapter 20 beer's a thing

A/N- aww hunter and his beer <3

second bottle,

and still going strong.

i never knew that i could hold my alcohol so well.

maybe it's from my dad.

i decide to put the rest of the dozen on the coffee table.

"that's a little ambitious, don't ya reckon?" bobbi asks, raising an eyebrow. she, too, looks kind of drowsy.

"your meds are kickin' in now darl, go take a nap." i say.

"i'll sleep here, when i do." she says, taking another gulp of her citrus drink.

"so what's up with my usually non-alcoholic boyfriend?" she continues.

"nothing. just a stupid phone call." i say, trying not to mention the s.a.s.

then her eyes gaze up to me saying,

'i'm holding you to your word, let's hope it's just a stupid phone call.'

before leaning her chin back down on to her hand.

her eyes start to lazily flutter, and not long after, she's sleeping peacefully.

and i decide to call agent coulson back.

as i dial the number, i hope i'm going to regret making this phone call.

*ring ring*

oh how i hope he doesn't pick up.

*ring ring-beep*

then agent coulson's voice comes through,

"this is phil coulson, leave a message after the beep."

*beep*

then i start to talk,

"hey agent coulson, just when you're free, can you call me back about the s.a.s position? thanks." i say.

and i hang up.

i'm going to wound up crazy if i don't talk to someone so i go through my list of 3 contacts,

antoine 'hipster' triplett

bobbi morse ❤️

izzy hartley

get ready for another terrible hunter-made decision.

i tap on 'izzy hartley' and press the call button.

*ring ring*

"hi, hunter?" izzy asks, kind of confused.

or maybe she was expecting bobbi.

"bob's just had her meds, she's sleeping right now. would you like to go for a coffee or something?" i ask.

"are you hitting on me?" she asks.

"no, but you have a tendency to ask that." i answer.

"are you cheating on bobbi?" she asks.

"no." i answer.

"SO, bobs told me there's a guy in level 2. was it idaho?" i tease her.

"don't you fucking dare lance hunter." she says putting her virtual knife on my throat.

"i DO have access to all the s.h.i.e.l.d contacts." i continue.

"okay, if i grab a coffee with you. you'll shut up about idaho, 'kay?" she tries to strike a deal.