Chapter 14

Mario

Why can't people accept other people as they are? If someone is fat, who cares? If someone is not dressed like everyone else, who cares? If someone acts different then the people around the person, who cares?
If someone likes someone from the same gender, who gives a damn?
But society doesn't work this way. You have the feeling everybody looks at every step you take. Every bite you eat, every shirt you buy, every word you say and every time you look at a person, you get judged.
It makes me sad when I think about it. It makes me feel not wanted. It's just too true to ignore. People like to hurt the so called "weaker" people. It's so unfair.

"Mario, are you listening?"

"What?" I looked at Aaron confused. I realized he had been talking all the time I was zoned out in my thoughts. "I'm so sorry" I apologized.

"It's okey, I know I'm not interesting." He stared at his hands and bit his lip.

"Oh no, that's not true. I just didn't sleep well. Please, what did you say?"

"I... I was talking about my dad." He looked me in the eye and said: "I haven't seen him in three years."

"What, why? I asked him.

"Can you promise me to tell nobody?"

"Sure."

He leaned a bit towards me "He hates me."

"Why so?"

"Mario, I don't know if I should tell you this." He leaned back against the backrest again.

"I promise you I will keep it to myself." I assured him.

"But you will be disgusted." He told me.

"As long as you haven't killed anyone."

"No" he laughed. "I haven't."

"Then how bad can it be."

He smiled at me "Mario... I like guys." He whispered it, so I was the only one who could hear what he said.

To be honest I was a bit shocked. I wanted to tell him I felt the same about one guy, but I didn't know if I could trust him. Instead I said: "That's not disgusting. You have the right to feel that way."

He looked relieved "thank you."

I smiled at him.