Weightless

Today was the first day of school. Shane and I are juniors,we both skipped a grade. I'm nervous,but that's understandable. School was ok, I just didn't like the people in it.I take a shower and then I get dressed in the boring private school uniform,grab my bag,and walk downstairs."Hey Jasey,ready for school?"Dad asks when I walk into the kitchen."It should be illegal to wake up this early."is all I said.He nodded,taking that as a no."I know you don't like school,kid.Just focus on graduating."Dad said.He wants me focused on school to keep my mind off Mom.She and I were really close.Not as close as me and Dad,but still close.After she died,I kept having nightmares.I went to therapy for a year,and they told me I was fine.Obviously I wasn't.Dad knew that so he stopped taking me to therapy and helped me through it.I don't have any more nightmares,but every once in a while I have panic attacks.I suddenly hear the door bell and race to open it.My one and only best friend is behind the door,smiling."BYE DAD!"I yell,closing the door behind me.I walk to Shane's car and open the back door,throwing my bag in,and the shutting it.I climb into the passenger side and buckle up."So,Miss Jasey Rae,how about we not get into any fights today."Shane says.
"You have to admit that most of the time they deserve it.I mean,Chrissy tried to smash my guitar,the bitch is phyco!"I say,which is true.
"I know,but if you get into another fight like the one last year,you could get expelled.I can't have that.I promised your dad that I'd keep you out of trouble.I intend to keep that promise."He said.I sigh.He is always looking out for me.I don't know what I'd do without him,honestly."Ok,I promise."I say,truly meaning it.We turn on the radio and Weightless comes on."MAYBE IT'S NOT MY WEEKEND BUT IT'S GONNA BE MY YEAR!"I scream at the top of my lungs,earning a weird glare from Shane."If you grew up with your parents singing this song to you as a lullabye,you'd like it to."I say.He rolls his eyes.We pull up to the school,park,and get out.
Right when we walk into the building,I'm met by none other than Chrissy Jordan.A.K.A phyco crazy bitch.She spread this rumor that Shane and I had sex with eachother.Which I can tell you is 100% false.Shane calls me his little sister,he's only two months older than me though.He's like my brother."Oh look,if it isn't the slut and the man whore."Chrissy snickered."Sorry sweetie,I'm not a mirror.I laughed and walked away,Shane right by my side."Nice comeback,Rae."He says,he is one of the only people who can call me Rae."Thanks Leo!"I say.
"Don't call me that."He says.I poke his cheek.
"You know you love it."Leo is his middle name.The bell rings and we race to class.We made sure we have every class together.As we enter,we go straight to the back and sit at a lab table.The only good thing about chemistry is we get to mess with fire.As you can tell,I'm a bit destructive and very hyper.I have ADHD,so that explains it."Ok,class.Welcome to Chemistry 2.Today we are just going to take some notes. "Damn, I wanted to mess with something dangerous."I mutter under my breath as I grab my notebook. Shane hears me and snickers.
"Miss Gaskarth, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Mr.Mason asks me.
"No sir."I say,going back to writing notes. Shane snickers beside me, trying to hide his smile.The bell rings and we rush out the door, laughing our asses off. The rest of the day goes by quick,and before I know it, Shane and I are in his car, driving home.