Chapter 9

Emily's POV

Not long later, we pulled up outside a fancy looking mansion. Expensive cars and important people roamed the area I was about to enter. A wave of nausea hit me as it was time to exit the vehicle. Slowly, Logan pulled me outside towards the entrance. Just before we entered, Logan stopped, making me stop too and looked at me with worry.

"If anything happens, use the button. I'll stay close by."He said. I smiled and nodded, feeling touched at his concern towards me. Then we walked towards the entrance. A man in his mid thirties stood with a bored expression on the entrance asking for names to check the guest list.

"Name?" he asked, not even looking at us.

"Logan Miller" he stated coldly. The man looked at us and moved aside, letting us through. When we were inside the building, my eyes were shocked. The place was absolutely marvellous. People were crowding the grand palace. Waiters were serving appetizers and champagne to the guests and there were statues on each corner of the grand hall. A grand variety of fine art work was displayed on the walls and calm jazz music was spreading the area. "This is it. Remember, stay close and use the buttons." Logan spoke, jolting me from my train of amazement.

"Ok" I replied, feeling more nervous by the second.

"Be careful" he said, a strike of worry in his eyes, which he quickly masked before leaving me alone and disappearing into the party. Instantly, my eyes started scanning for Ashton. I walked around, picking a glass of champagne from one of the waiters around the high class people. The sound of professional chatting scattered the area and I hated it. Suddenly, my eyes landed on a familiar face. As I stressed my eyes, I realized that the man I was staring at was Ashton! I victory danced in my head before taking a deep breath and gulping the rest of my champagne. It was time to bring on the 'slutty girl' act. I tightened the microphone on my watch and the speaker on my ear and walked towards the bar, skimming past the target, giving him flirty eyes. Abruptly, I heard a voice erupt my ear.

"Emily, do you have eyes on Ashton?" Logan said.

"Yes"

"Where are you?"

"At the bar" I replied quickly. Instantly, a figure popped up next to me and I didn't need to look to see that it was Ashton by his brown eyes and tousled brown hair.

"Two martini's on the rocks. Make them dirty" I heard him say to the waiter before he faced me. "Well well, what do we have here. A lonely lady at a bar. So tell me, what is this stunning lady's name?" he questioned from beside me. I smirked, facing him. Putting on the best slut accent I could, I replied.

"Chloe"

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I'm Ashton Wells. So tell me, Chloe, what is a gorgeous lady like you doing alone in a place like this?" At that moment, the waiter brought out martini's. I took a sip, smirking yet again.

"Well when a one night stand brings you to a place with a free bar, how can you resist." I replied, faking an accent. Taking the olive out of the martini I did the best I could sliding it in my mouth as I looked at him.

"Well I bet that was one hell of a lucky man"

"Yes he was"

"Well should I consider this my lucky day then?"

"If you insist" I replied, closing the space between us so his breath fanned my face. I rose my finger and started tracing lines on his shoulders. I could tell the plan was working since I could feel a bulge forming in his pants. "Let's get out of here" I whispered seductively in his ear.

"Right this way." He replied leading me towards the back. His hand that was on my back was now going towards my butt and I wanted nothing more than to slap it off. As I got the chance I clicked the button on my watch, signalling the crew to get into their positions. Upon arriving the back door, I opened the door before he could, allowing him to pass first. He smirked and went through, only to be immediately attacked with a cloth on his face and after a minute of struggling, he passed out. The door shut behind me as they picked his swinging body and put him the van. As soon as they did, Logan emerged from the other side.

We all got in quietly and Adam got the car going. A few minutes passed in silence. Logan had his hand in fists and the guys were struggling to keep Ashton straight, when Adam broke the silence.

"You're a natural Duffy, you should consider joining the crew" He said wiggling his eyebrows. I chuckled and responded

"As intriguing as that sounds, no thanks." he shrugged and remained silent.

When we arrived back at the layer, the boys took Ashton to the 'dungeon' where they would deal with him. I walked back to my room, changing into normal clothes when there was a knock on the door. When I opened it, Logan walked right past me to the center of the room.

"It's late and you should get some rest. I'll drop you back home in the morning." And walked out immediately after. I mumbled an 'okay' but by the time the words left my mouth he was already out of the room. I walked back to the bed and pulled myself under the sheets. It would be the last day I spend time in the layer with the guys. I did want to leave, but somewhere deep inside I knew I would miss the memories. I shut my eyes and dreamed of Logan on my last night with them.

A/N

Any thoughts?? Are you guys enjoying my book??? What do you think is going to happen further in the story?? Please check out my other book Cursed if you haven't already, the first chapter is out today!!

Picture of Ashton to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha