Chapter 1 - Finding it

Erin hates P.E. She hates running in general. The way it makes her long blond hair stick to her shirt. She never wants to ever run again. That’s why during P.E. she stays behind the abandoned house opposite her school grounds. It was grey on the outside. Its paint peeling off. She never dares to go inside. The other kids say it is cursed. But today she wont let that stop her. She wants to know more. And as its double P.E. so she has nothing better to do.

She clambered under the blocks of wood that board the place up. Rays of sunlight can barely reach her, making her shadows play in the darkness. the air hangs heavy with the scent of moth balls. suddenly there is a bang up stairs. Part of the floor above her explodes leaving a massive gaping hole in the ceiling. She groans as she tries to lift herself. She saw something in amidst the rubble, a stone no bigger than a CD but it was giving off a white aurora. She picked it up and suddenly she couldn't breath. she looked down at the stone, the aurora being drained from the stone and travelling up her arm towards her chest. Her arm was literally glowing now! She blacked out, the world dulling around her, still gripping onto the stone.