Your Safety Is Our Priority

When easyJet introduced their customer charter, they put Safety at the top as their first point. In fact they subtly remind you of safety being their top priority in another way too, the cabin crew are instructed to ensure safety cards are placed at the front of the seat pocket so it is the first thing a passenger will see. Safety is at the forefront of everything we do at easyJet and we will never do anything to put the safety of our passengers and crew at risk.

All cabin crew and flight crew are trained in what is now a world renowned, high quality training. Our training is internationally recognised and favoured by many other airlines due to the high pressure and fast paced learning. All cabin crew and flight crew are made to keep up to date with weekly notifications and memos to improve safety as well as undertake regular checks and examinations in proficiency.

Safety is a hot topic not just for easyJet but also for the entire aviation industry. There is a large chain of organisations that regulate the industry to maintain the highest standard of safety. Any safety changes, regardless of how small, could be subject to delays of up to a year because of the stringent checks imposed by organisations such as ICAO, CAA and EASA. It is now a widely known fact that easyJet have ordered new and bigger aircraft which will be the A321 compared to their usual fleet of A320's and A319's. I had recently learned from the safety team they needed to get the new safety card approved by the CAA which so far has taken more than six months.

Then there is the safety demo which was aligned in accordance with recent CAA regulations which made us also stress the importance of studying the safety card to our passengers upon landing. The safety demo always changes regularly under the hands of aviation authorities if they deem the current product to be ineffective which is also why frequent flyers should also pay attention each time. In addition to constant regulatory changes, frequent flyers should always pay attention to where they are sat as they may be sat in different seats on the aircraft which could change the location of their emergency exits.

Our less frequent flyers are usually caught out by the eyes of the all seeing cabin crew for various things when it comes to securing the cabin for take off and landing. In fact, the cabin crew have to memorise a list of fifteen instructions when securing the aircraft. The cabin crew do not simply look at seatbelts, they also make sure all baggage is fully pushed under the seat in front, the windows blinds are fully open and seating restrictions are observed to name but a few.

Inflight, safety is still a hot topic when it comes to hot drinks. They are expressly served to you only if there is a lid secured to the top to prevent the risk of burns. Almost every flight, there are some passengers who like a top up of hot water. It cannot and will not be given to them without a lid being secured first. Other things inflight include the constant risk of turbulence. It is well known that we are not allowed to be denied access to proper sanitation as it contravenes human rights but it is strongly recommended that passengers don't use them if it is too dangerous or rocky in the cabin. Quite frankly though, if your cabin crew are sat down during turbulence then it is probably not a good idea to get up...if you can.

We honestly would like to thank you for choosing to fly easyJet, we really appreciate your custom and your loyalty to our brand and we will try our best to keep things easy for every journey you make with us. For now though, please sit back, relax and enjoy the inflight entertainment that awaits.

"Safety is thirty percent common sense, eighty percent compliance and the rest is good luck." - Barry Spud