Like A Stranger

A smile was playing on my lips as I cracked my eyes open, last night was the first time in a long time I hadn't dreamt of something terrible. I had a care free and blissful dream. My smile dropped when I realised I was cuddling a pillow, where was Leonardo? Why did he go so soon? Did he regret staying over the night? I really hated how he was giving me mixed signals, some days he would act like a total sweetheart, it felt like he cared for me, he wanted to be with me but on other days he turned into a cold person who showed no sign of emotion.

My heart thumped in disappointment as I quickly scanned the place to see if he left any notes but it was like one of those one night stands where the guy would just run off before the girl can catch him. Not that I'd ever had a one night stand. So many thoughts were whizzing across my mind as I quickly changed into something a little more casual and headed to the dick's house to confront him. Who the heck did he think he was just ditching me like this? I was going to give him a piece of my mind.

I remembered the way to Leonardo's house thankfully, today I felt more angry and feisty. It must have been a result from keeping my aggressive side tamed for so long. I felt like kicking ass and unfortunately I knew Leonardo was going to be at the receiving end of it. I knocked on the door several times but nobody came to open the door, 10 minutes had passed by and I was debating whether I should sneak from the back or wait like a civilized person.

A jingle from the door interrupted my thoughts; Leonardo had opened the door but quickly walked away as I stood at the doorstep in shock. The audacity that this guy had really did shock me. I stomped towards the room he entered, he was playing COD on the PlayStation 3, and the determined look on his face as he pressed some buttons repeatedly told me not to mess with him. Sometimes I forgot he was a teenager too but with a very different occupation to what most normal people had. He had not even uttered a hello, or how are you? A 'I'm sorry for ditching you' would have been nice, but no. He just stayed silent whilst focusing on aiming with his sniper.

"Uh hello?" I scoffed as I crossed my arms, he didn't even blink or look at me which made even angrier. Was he doing this on purpose? Last night he was telling me how he was going to hold me for the night but today he was acting as if I was a total stranger!

"I'm busy", he rasped out as he tilted his head to the side to aim at the man with the gun. I bit on my bottom lip to refrain from saying any swear words. It was so hard trying to control myself.

"Why did you leave so early?" I asked again feeling my hands slowly turn into fists. Tick tock. Tick tock. Without thinking I had stomped over to where the PlayStation was and pulled out a random plug. The plasma screen turned pitch black but Leonardo had his eyes still on the screen, his left eye twitched slightly as he gripped the controller even harder and his knuckles were turning white as a result of the controlled force.

"You...did...not...just...do...that." He broke off every single word as he finally looked at me straight in the eye, the sheer anger present in his eyes just made me to run away but I stood my ground.

"Oh but I just did...", I replied raising my eyebrow at him, he instantly shot up from the sofa which made me flinch in surprise. I thought he was joking around but there was no sign of any reaction on his face. He rolled his sleeves up as he stalked towards me, looking like a sexy predator chasing its prey.

"You are so going to regret what you did", he replied blankly, I did what my gut reaction was; to punch him in the stomach. I was expecting him to roll over in pain, scream at me but he towered over me completely unaffected by what my dad described as 'killer punches'. He didn't even blink or show any signs of being hurt. Instead it was me who was hissing in pain from hurting his rock hard abs, a flashback of hitting his steel abs came back to me. I punched him again but this time in the shoulder which he flinched away slightly. I took this as my chance and ran past him, I was about to run past the sofa but he had already grabbed my elbow and slammed me onto the sofa. I tried to wiggle underneath him, to try and get him off me but he sat on top of me looking all smug and happy about it. But I was a girl who had long nails; I used my nails to twist the skin underneath his armpit. He hissed in pain as he rubbed his skin. I took this as my opportunity to distract him and push him onto the sofa, I used all my strength to roll him over so now I was on top of him.