Meeting Gwen

I'm just gonna say, if you're a fan of Hunger Games, you should go watch the video Hunger Games; Weeping Willow. It's amazing! It's on Youtube. DON'T WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT FEELS!!!

2 Weeks Later

Merlin P.O.V.

Arthur was so busy I never had time to play with him. But he always made sure to come for lunch. He also taught me things. I learned I wasn't sitting up straight, and that I couldn't just say what I wanted. Why couldn't I? That'd be a question for later.

Morgana came to visit too. She came by every day and played with me. She had gotten me some new dolls, too. There was a maid, a princess, a prince, a king, and a queen. I loved the toys she got me, and she was so fun to play with. Today we were playing with the dragon and the unicorn.

"What does bubba (Arthur) have to do that makes him so busy?" Morgana looked up from where she was sitting.

"Well, he's the Prince." She held up the Prince doll. "And someday he's gonna be king." She held up the king doll. "So he needs lots of practice to make sure he'll be a good king."

"But isn't he already good enough? He's awesome." I asked. She laughed lightly.

"If only that was how it worked. Yeah, he is awesome, but there is still some stuff he needs to learn. Though I do agree with you, he would already be a great king."

Arthur P.O.V.

I was walking to Merlin's chambers so I could meet him for lunch. As I neared the door, I heard Merlin and Morgana talking to me. I hesitated, listening to their conversation.

"What does bubba have to do that makes him so busy?" That was Merlin.

"Well, he's the Prince. And someday he's gonna be king. So he needs lots of practice to make sure he'll be a good king." There was Morgana.

"But isn't he already good enough?" I smiled, my eyes starting to tear up. "He's awesome." I hadn't known Merlin held me in such a high regard.

"If only that was how it worked. Yeah, he is awesome, but there is still some stuff he needs to learn. Though I do agree with you, he would already be a great king." A lone tear fell down my cheek. I wiped it away quickly and opened the door, beaming at Merlin and Morgana.

"Hello everyone, I hope I'm not too late for lunch." Morgana smiled.

"Of course not! Merlin wouldn't let you anyway." She said, pointing to the four year old who was grinning sloppily.

"Nope! Bubba no miss lunch! Not our special lunches." I ruffled his hair.

"So, what did you guys do today?" I asked, dishing out food for Merlin.

"We played with the dragon and Mr. Unicorn!" He rushed. "I think the dragon wants a name."

"Do you have a name for him?" I asked, smiling.

"Yeah! I'll call him Kigara. Kiga for short." He shoveled his food in his mouth. Morgana slapped his arm.

"Oh no you don't, Merlin! Remember your manners." she scolded. A sheepish grin donned his face.

"Sorry, Morgana. I'm just hungry." he replied quietly after he had swallowed. My stomach tightened. I remembered how Gaius said that he hardly ate, even as an adult. His village had very little food, so adult Merlin would probably be shocked that he could even consider eating this much food. I felt horrible. The reason he didn't eat much as an adult, Gaius said, was because he was running about for me. If not me, it was Gaius or one of the knights. Hell, he'd even help the maids just to get them home early. He never looked after himself. He put others before him, and I felt horrible.

"Are you okay?" I glanced over at a concerned Morgana and Merlin. Merlin had slipped out of his chair and was tugging on my sleeve. "Bubba?" He asked in a small voice.

"I'm alright, Merlin. Just thinking." I said, standing up and pushing my chair in before picking him up. Morgana smirked.

"You shouldn't do that, Arthur. You could hurt yourself." I sent a playful glare her way. Merlin giggled and laid his head on my shoulder. Morgana stood up herself and strode towards the door. "Well, I'll leave you two to have some brother bonding time." she said, smiling. She left, and I placed Merlin on the floor.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"You have a servant, right bubba?" He asked, looking at his shoes. I was confused as to why he wanted to know.

"Yeah I do. Why do you want to know?" I responded.

"Does Morgana have a personal maid?" He ignored my question completely. I was completely baffled by this point.

"Of course."

"Can I meet them?" He was quiet, as if afraid to ask. I nodded.

"Yeah. Let's meet Gwen first, as she's the only one currently here." I replied, rubbing his head. He bounced up and down on the balls of his feet. "Let's go."

Some Corridor in the Castle

Merlin and I were wandering, looking for Gwen as she wasn't with Morgana. I sighed. It was frustrating. Why was this castle so big? How hard was it to find one person? I caught a glimpse of curly brown hair turning a corner, and I immediately knew it was Gwen.

"That way!" I exclaimed, pointing to the corner and grabbing Merlin's tiny hand. We started running. We both turned the corner and I saw Gwen carrying what was obviously Morgana's laundry. She jumped as Merlin bumped into her, since he had trouble slowing down.

"Prince Arthur! What are you doing?" she asked. I smiled and gestured to Merlin, who had fallen to the floor on his bum.

"Merlin here wanted to meet you." She glanced down at him. A small smile graced her features.

"So you're the famous Merlin everyone's talking about, the King's new ward." she said, picking Merlin up and placing him on his feet. He had a huge grin plastered onto his face.

"Yep, I'm Merlin! Hi." He said, shuffling his feet. "You're pretty." She laughed lightly.

"Why thank you, Merlin. You're quite a handsome little boy too." she replied. I grinned at their interaction. Even though he was a kid now, he still seemed to befriend people quickly.

"I'm gonna name my princess doll Gwen, because you should be a princess." Merlin said. Her jaw dropped, and so did mine.

"Oh, I couldn't be a princess!" she exclaimed. "I'd be no good." I shook my head.

"Of course you'd be a good princess!" Merlin said, shocked she'd say she'd be no good. "You're pretty, kind, and you'd understand the people. You would be an amazing princess. Whoever loves you is really lucky. They get you, someone worthy of a crown." Gwen blushed.

"Thank you, Merlin. That means a lot to me." she said softly.

"I agree with Merlin, Gwen. You'd be an amazing princess." I blurted. My cheeks reddened along with hers as I realized what I said. Merlin glanced between the two of us.

"Well, I'd better go. I still have some things to do. Good day Arthur, Merlin." Gwen said after a pregnant pause. I nodded.

"Alright, good day." I responded as she walked off. Merlin smiled goofily at me.

"You love Gwen, don't you." He said when Gwen was out of sight. I balked.

"O-of course not!" I stuttered. I was convinced my face looked like a tomato.

"You do! You do you do!" He exclaimed happily, clapping his hands and jumping. "Bubba loves Gwen! I have to tell Morgana!" he darted off in the direction of Morgana's chambers.

"No!" I exclaimed, heading after him. That little bugger was fast, I lost him after a few minutes of running. I'd have to deal with him later, but for now- Morgana. I reached her chambers and shuddered at what I saw. Merlin was grinning innocently, but Morgana was beaming devilishly at me. Oh dear...

AN: And that's it for this chapter, my little birdies! I hope you enjoyed it, I had fun writing this. Poor Arthur, he's going to be teased mercilessly. Please comment! I'd love your feedback on my story! The next chapter should come next Saturday, so stay tuned!

~Skyleigh👣