Chapter Twelve- Sammy

"Why are we here?" Sammy asked while looking out the windshield at the cemetery in front of them.

"Come on," Sasha said while getting out and walking towards the graves.

Getting out of the car, Sammy shoved his hands into his pockets while following his brother. When he caught up with him he was standing right by their mother's grave, instantly making tears swell up in his eyes. "Hi Mom," Sasha said while sitting down onto the grass. "Sorry I haven't visited for a while."

Wrapping his arms around himself, Sammy wrapped his sweatshirt tighter to his body while he listened to his brother talk. "I brought Sammy with me," Sasha said while turning towards him. "Want to sit down?"

Biting his bottom lip, he slowly sat down onto the grass, still not saying anything. "Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry Mom. I'm sorry I acted so jealous whenever Sammy was around you... I shouldn't have acted so horrible and honestly a dick."

Hitting his brother on the arm Sammy rolled his eyes while saying, "Don't say that around Mom."

"Sorry," Sasha said while scratching the back of his neck. "Anyway Mom, I'm sorry again. I wish I was able to tell you this in person. I'll always love you."

Sammy watched as Sasha leaned over to gently kiss the grave before he stood up. "I'll wait by the car," he said while slowly walking away.

Turning back towards the grave Sammy bit his bottom lip before saying, "H-hi Mom," as a tear ran down his cheek. Looking up at the sky he took a deep breath before saying, "I miss you. I miss you so much; I wish you weren't taken away from us. I think about you everyday."

Glancing down at his hands he wiped more tears off of his cheeks before saying, "I-I'm gay... I'm not sure if you ever knew. You probably did. I really wish you were here; I'm not sure what to do Mom. Everything has been going wrong lately. What am I supposed to do? Why did you have to go? It's not fair for someone to grow up without a mother."

With that he wrapped his arms around himself as he cried harder. When he felt a hand on his back he looked up to see Sasha kneeling down next to him. "Don't worry Mom, I'll look after Sammy. Even though I've been a horrible brother to him, I promise I'll always look out for him now."

Smiling up at him, Sammy wiped more tears off of his cheeks before he whispered, "Bye Mom, I love you." With that he stood up and walked back over to Sasha's car.

When he was about to open the door he felt Sasha turn him around, before wrapping his arms around him. Closing his eyes, Sammy buried his face into Sasha's shirt. It had been so long since he had given him a hug, he forgot how nice it was. Even though everything had seemed to go wrong in the past couple weeks, he knew he would always have his family. Tightening his arms around his brother, he cried harder, not knowing what to do anymore.

**

Softly yawning, Sammy slowly opened his locker before hearing loud voices behind him. Turning around he saw Evan laughing with a very pregnant Maci. Frowning, he turned back towards his locker to get his books for his final class. He hadn't talked to Evan since that night they kissed, which was many months ago. Now here he was, the first day back from Christmas vacation.

Grabbing his art supplies he started to turn around before almost running into someone. Frowning again he started walking away before a familiar face came walking towards him. "Hey," Sasha said while gently rubbing his hair. "You okay?" He asked while looking towards Evan and Maci.

"I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"No. I have to get to art." He smiled when Sasha gave him a side hug before saying,

"Hang in there. I'll see you later okay?"

Nodding he gave him a little wave before walking down the hallway. After ending up in the art department he walked into his classroom to see Xander sitting at a table.

Ever since that day by his mother's grave, him and Sasha had grown closer to each other. He actually felt like he had a brother now. Since he was no longer talking to Evan, he had actually grown closer to Xander. It was nice having someone who wanted to spend time with him, and who wasn't afraid to show everyone how he felt about him.

Sitting down next to Xander at the table, he smiled when he leaned over and gently kissed his cheek. "Hey you," Xander said while tracing his thumb over his cheek.

"Hi."

"Ready for this?"

"I'm not sure; I'm not really good at art."

"You're going to be great."

Smiling, he leaned into Xander's strong body, breathing in his amazing cologne. When their painting class was over he walked back to his locker, very ready to be done with classes for the day.

When he had gathered the rest of his belongings he looks around for his keys, silently cursing when he dropped them. Bending down to grab them, he stopped when he saw someone already grabbing them. Looking up his heart stopped when he saw Evan looking back at him.

"T-thanks," Sammy whispered when Evan handed the keys over to him.

"You're welcome. So," he said while scratching the back of his neck. "Did you have a nice Holiday?"

"It was nice," he said while thinking about the nights he would lay on the ground with Xander, laughing so hard from Xander tickling him, always ending in gentle kisses. S

"That's good."

They stood in an awkward silence for a while, Sammy wishing he still didn't find him so attractive. "So listen," Evan said while reaching into his back pocket. "I got you something, as a thank you for helping me with Stats last semester."

Sammy stared at the tiny box wrapped in blue wrapping paper, not knowing what to do. "Anyway thank you again, without your help I wouldn't be able to have passed that class." With that he smiled as he walked away.

Biting his bottom lip, Sammy stuffed the box into his book bag when Xander came up to him. "Hi."

Smiling widely, he wrapped his arms around Xander's neck before ever so lightly placing his lips onto the ones in front of him. When he pulled back he nuzzled into that strong neck, sighing when long arms were wrapping around him. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just tired. I'll see you tomorrow."

Before Xander had the chance to respond Sammy was quickly walking away. Once he got home he sat in the middle of his bed, staring at the blue box in front of him. What was he going to do? Why did Evan even give him something?

Swallowing his fear he slowly unwrapped the light blue paper before opening a small box. When he looked inside he saw a small circular necklace which said Come to the nerd side. We have . He felt himself smile before putting the necklace around his neck.

After looking at himself in the mirror he suddenly frowned when realizing he couldn't wear Evan's necklace if he was with Xander. He should be with Xander, why would he want to keep going back to someone who hurts him so much?

Sighing, he closed his eyes before resting his head against one of his pillows. Grabbing the necklace into his hand he started to drift off to sleep, wishing his life wasn't turning into a soap opera. When he opened his eyes he glanced over to see Xander had sent him a very sweet text, making him feel like a horrible person. Taking a deep breath he walked to his truck, before driving to Xander's house to make a hard decision.