You're not leaving me yet.

LILIANA'S POV

I huffed out the air in my lungs, flopping backwards into my chair. Look at him just dashing off, and leaving me alone with these harpies.

All the women who surrounded me were nearly three times my age and came from wealthy families. From what I could tell they were stuck up, and held that 'holier than thou' attitude.

A few minutes later a light touch to my back from a warm hand distracted me, and I spun around, hoping to god it was Jackson.

Instead I was met with the sight of a tall man, maybe 6"2, with gingerish hair combed back neatly. His eyes were an astonishing shade of blue, much like Jackson's, and his teeth were impeccably straight.

He was clad in a black suit that seemed to accentuate his height, and a silverish blue tie that matched his eyes.

"Hello, love. Pleasure to finally meet you." He put his hand out for me, so I stood politely and took his hand in mine. He laid a friendly kiss to my cheek and flashed a warm smile.

"I'm sorry i'm afraid I don't know you." I confessed, blushing at the intense amount of charm that he was laying on.

"My name is John Sterling, and i'm the man who bought you the lovely neckless around you're wearing." His thick english accent, Westminster maybe, simply added to his charm and sex appeal.

My face lit up at the information.

"Oh, you're Jackson's boss! Thank you so much for the neckless, you really didn't have to do that." I gushed, blushing even more, and I found myself glad I'd worn so much makeup or i'd probably resemble a tomato.

He shoved his hands into his pockets, smiling at me once more with those sparkling white teeth.

"Oh but I did, love." He raised a cocky eyebrow at me, "and it looks lovely on you might I say."

"Thank you, sir. Come, would you like to sit?" I pulled out Jackson's empty seat for him.

"Sure." He chuckled, taking a seat right next to me, the soft fabric of his pants brushing against my bare leg, sending chills through my body.

"That's a beautiful dress, Darling. Did Jackson buy it for you?" He lightly rested his hand against my bare knee. I felt my heartbeat quicken at his touch, and my stomach clenched.

Yeah, charm. Thats for sure.

"Uh yes he did. Why might ask?"

"Because, I want to know who to thank for the amazing work of art in front of me." His hand just barely moved further up my leg, making what he wanted known.

I probably couldn't have fought his charm any longer, so I was relieved when the husband of one of the women struck up a conversation with John.

I let out a shaky and relieved breath when his warm fingers left my leg, leaving goosebumps in their wake.

A waiter came by with another tray of Champagne glasses, which I was very eager to indulge in. This glass tasted different though, so I looked down to see a raspberry floating in it, and a pink tint graced the liquid.

Hmmm, Raspberry Champagne.

I like it.

Quite a bit of time passed while we made conversation, 15 minutes maybe, when I realized Jackson still wasn't back from the restroom.

I found myself growing incredibly worried for him as the seconds moved on. Is he okay?

"Mr. Sterling, i'll be back." I informed quickly before standing up and hurrying away, leaving John confused at the table.