Chapter 19

Hayes' POV:

It's been a week. Shawn is better. Reagan lost a lot of blood and hasn't eaten in a while. She woke up a few days ago. She had to get surgery. The police came in and asked her questions. She isn't herself. Shawn has been acting more like himself since we found Reagan though. He was released from the hospital a couple days after he got there. He has stitches where he was shot though. Reagan hasn't been eating the food the hospital gives her. She flinches whenever someone comes near her. She keeps asking where Izzy is. Izzy is in the room over acting the exact same way. Reagan is being released today but she has to go to therapy.

Once Reagan is released we walk to the car. Reagan sits in the front because she starts crying whenever someone touches her. Seeing her like this scares me. What if she doesn't ever go back to how she was before? What if she never eats? What if she dies? I wouldn't be able to live with myself. At least Reagan in homeschooled. Everyone in town knows about what happened to her. They laugh. They say she deserved it. They say she was just doing it for attention. How could somebody be so stupid? Reagan didn't ask for this! Reagan is traumatized! I want to help her but she won't even let me touch her.

The only person Reagan will listen to is Izzy. Izzy is going to be staying with Reagan for a while because she won't listen to anyone but Reagan. Once we arrive at Reagan's house we bring Izzy's stuff to Reagan's room. Once we finish I go downstairs to the living room where everyone else is, except Reagan of course.

"Listen guys, we have to do everything we can to help Reagan. She needs to know she is safe and that we'd never hurt her." Shawn says. Everyone agrees.

"I'm going to go talk to her." Shawn says. Then he stands up and goes upstairs.

Shawn's POV:

I walk upstairs to Reagan's room. I'm scared that she'll be scared of me. I knock on her door. I open it and she looks at me. I see the fear in her eyes. I can feel my heart breaking. My own sister is scared of me.

"Please don't hurt me!" She says with tears in her eyes.

"Reagan I would never hurt you!" I say. "I'm your brother. I love you with all of my heart.  Know you think I would hurt you hurts me. I know you are going through a lot right now and I get why you are scared but I want you to know I love you so much and I would never hurt you." I say walking towards her. I reach my hand out to wipe her tears and she flinches. I feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Reagan please." I say.

"Please just leave." She says. My heart shatters. I nod and leave the room. I run to my room and pick up my blade. Back to my old habits again.

Hayes' POV:

I walk upstairs and go to Reagan's room. I'm going to see if Shawn is still there. I'm also bring Reagan food. Maybe she will eat it. I knock on the door. I open it to see just Reagan there. I hear the shower running and I know Izzy is in the shower.

"Hey Reagan. Where's Shawn?" I ask.

"I made him leave." She says.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!" She says.

"Reagan I would never hurt you." I say. "I know you don't believe me but I will show you eventually that I would never hurt you." I say. She looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"I brought you some food." I say.

I walk over to her and she stand up and backs away. That crushes me but I know that she's scared. I blink away the tears and I put the floor on her bed. Then I back up. She goes back to her bed and looks at the food.

"I'm not really hungry." She says.

"Reagan you haven't eaten in a month!" I say.

"I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!" She says. I close my eyes trying to get the tears to go away. I open my eyes and the tears fall out. I sigh knowing I won't stop crying now.

"Reagan, I promise you with all my heart that I will never hurt you." I say walking towards her. She starts to get up but I grab her wrist. She screams but I pull her into my chest. I wrap my arms around her body and she starts crying. She hugs back. I start crying tears. I'm crying because she's crying but I'm also crying because she is hugging me back. All the boys rush into her room because they heard her scream but then they see what's happening and they all start smiling, then they all leave.

"I'm s-so sor-sorry H-Hayes." She says while sobbing. I start rubbing soothing circles on her back. Izzy comes out of the bathroom dressed. She smiles at the sight. She walks to Reagan's bedroom door and leaves.

"It's okay Reagan. I promise you I won't leave your side. I won't leave you alone. You'll never be alone." I say. I feel her smile into my chest.

"Will you please eat some food?" I ask her. She nods her head. She sits on her bed and eats some of the food I gave her. I smile.

"I'm going to go check on Shawn. I'll be right back. I promise." I say. She nods and I leave to go check on Shawn. I open his door and I see him sitting on the floor crying. I see blood all over the floor. I know exactly what he was doing. I walk over to him. I pull him up and hug him so tight.

"Shawn it's okay. I know you're hurting right now but she just needs time. Please stop doing this." I say. He looks up and nods. I know he's lying but I will accept it for now.

"Come with me." I say. We both walk to Reagan's room. He sees her eating and he smiles.

"Reagan." He says. She looks at him, then she gets up and hugs him. I'd call this a success.

-------------------------
A/N

So I got some ideas. Not many. Mostly just a filler chapter. I used most of my ideas in this but I have a few ideas left. Probably not enough to to write another chapter but I'll try my best. I'm going to a 5Sos concert in a few days so I probably won't update for about a week but I'll try. Again I'm sorry for the lack of updates! I'm trying my best! Thank you for reading the book still!

Hope you liked the chapter!

Comment, vote, share!

Stay beautiful!💕

--Lauren

Final word count: 1176