chapter 1

Luke

Michael comes in to the tour bus with 3 envelopes. Our paychecks. Calum and Ashton crowd around Michael and take the envelope. I open the envelope and enjoy what I see: $20,000.

"I love money." Cal shouts and he runs out the tour bus, the rest of the boys follow him. I stay in the bus and change my clothes so I can go deposit the money to my bank account.

I believe money brings happiness. At least it does to me. I don't know what I would do without money. Everything around me somehow is related with money.

I walk out the tour bus and head to the bank.

Girls scream once they see me come out.

I stop to greet the fans and then take pictures. I wish they would have conversations with me but instead they only take pictures and then im on to the next girl.

"Alright I'm sorry guys but I gotta go." I yell and everyone has pouty faces.

Just one block away from the bank I see a burger place, god I was so hungry I hadnt had anything to eat the whole entire day but if I stopped for a burger I would get mobbed.

My eye sight started getting blurry as I walk in the sun for a long time. Sweat dripping from my chin and head. Los Angeles weather was horrible. I take a seat on the pavement and watch cars go by.

I lay back and feel the heat from the sidewalk.

I couldnt get up anymore. I was exhausted and it was only 3pm. God dammit I shouldve eaten earlier.

I felt like I couldn't breathe from the humidity. The scorching sun getting hotter as I lay there for longer. My throat dry.

I close my eyes and feel something on my forehead. A napkin cleaning my sweat. I open my eyes and see a girl. Her hair messy, everytime she breathed her breath smelt bad and her clothes were ugly and ripped.

She offers me water and I throw it on my head and drink some. It cools me off and I manage to get up back again.

"Your breath stinks." I say rudely stumbling a bit but I look around and see that she had already disappeared.

IM SO SORRY IF IT SUCKED BUT I PROMISE YALL IT GETS WAY BETTER. ANYWHO LUKE IS SORT OF A STUCK UP RICH ASSHOLE BUT IT GETS BETTER.

I got the book inspirtation from a movie on Netflix called "lost angels: skid row is my home." and basically skid row is a small area in downtown la that has many many homeless people on the streets. ive walked through there and lived right in the center of downtown la not to far from there and its horrible. please go watch the documentary to change some of your perspectives on homeless because not all of them are druggies, prostitutes, or drunks. x

streets : hemmingsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara