How about a date?

Michael's Point Of View:

We picked up Lilly and we're at the apartment. Lilly was telling us how everyone treated her like a queen. She's doing her homework right now. Brandon is in my kitchen. He wants to whip up something special for Lilly.

I'm sitting on the couch watching him. He's humming to himself, moving his hips. I lick my lips. I've never noticed how lean he is. I'm probably stronger than him. I'm a black belt in Kung Fu. Seriously, I am.

Why do I like looking at him so much? He drops a spoon. I bite my lip as he bends over to pick it up. What is wrong with me?

"Daddy!"

I look at Lilly. I say, "What's wrong baby?"

"I called your name three times!"

I get up and walk over to her. I sit next to her and say, "I'm sorry. I was in deep thought. What's wrong?"

She points at her math worksheet and says, "I need help."

I look at the paper and read question #1.

"If you have five cookies and you give two away, how many do you have left?"

"I don't know."

I giggle and say, "Put up five fingers. "

She does.

"Now, put two down. "

She does.

"How many fingers are still up?"

She smiles big and yells, "Three!"

I giggle and clap my hands. "That's right."

She rights the answer down and says, "Thank you, daddy! I can do the rest."

I smile and say, "Okay, big girl."

She giggles. I stand up and walk back to the couch. I look back into the kitchen and see him no where in sight. I was about to call his name, but then he stands up. This time facing me.

Our eyes meet. I can't look away. There's something about him... I can't stand it. (In a good way not bad.) He smiles at me. I can hear my heart beat in my chest. That smile... What is going on with me?

I stand up and go to the kitchen doorway. I lean against the frame and ask,

"You need any help?"

He looks at me and smiles again. He says,

"Yeah... Could you flatten this cookie dough. I'm not very strong. "

I knew it. I smile and say, "Yeah. Sure."

I grab the wooden dough roller. I begin to flatten the door. I sense someone staring at me. I look over at Brandon. He's staring at my arms. I smile. He looks away.

"I'm sorry. "

I smirk and say, "Don't worry about it. I'm glad you like."

He looks at me, eyes widen, and says, "I..um.."

I giggle. "You're so cute.."

"Excuse me?"

I smile and say, "You heard me."

He bites his bottom lip and says, "Someone's feeling better. "

He pokes my shoulder. I smile. When I'm done flattening the dough, I put the roller in the sink. Brandon asks,

"Do you have any cookie cutters in different shapes?"

I nod. "They're in the bottom cabinet near the stove."

I watch him walk over to the stove and bend over. I don't know what came over me as I stand behind him. I put my hand on his back and ask,

"You find them?"

He grabs the bag, turns around and says, "I did daddy..."

I blush. He giggles and goes over to the cookie dough. I can't believe he said that. He makes me feel different. Why?

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Lilly went to bed early. She actually played today during recess so she's tired. It's just me and Brandon in the living room. There's no TV so its awkward silence.

Finally, Brandon says, "I hope I didn't make you feel uncomfortable with the whole daddy thing."

I chuckle softly and say, "I..uh..I actually liked it..."

He smiles and says, "You want to..um..hang out sometime?"

I smile and look at him. I say, "Like a...date?"

He clears his throat, "If you want... If that's what you want to call it. Fine by me."

I laugh. "Where?"

"Does the movies sound good?"

My eyes light up.

"There's this scary movie I've been wanting to see. We could go see that."

He sounds uncertain, "Yeah...okay.."

I giggle and say, "Are you afraid of scary movies? "

He sits up straight and says, "Me? Scared of scary movies? No way."

I poke his side and say, "You are."

He giggles and says, "I'm not."

I poke him again and ask, "Are you ticklish? "

He giggles and scoots over. "No!"

I scoot closer and say, "Yes you are!"

I poke him again. He laughs. I scoot even closer and poke his side again. He laughs and says,

"Quit it, Mike."

I tease, "Who's Mike?"

I begin to tickle him. He laughs and laughs. He starts laughing to loud and I put my hand over his mouth. He looks at me. I say,

"Shh! Don't wake Lilly."

He removes my hand from his mouth and says, "Then stop tickling me!"

I giggle quietly. "Okay...I'm sorry."

I look at our hands and see them intertwine with each other. I blush, but don't move my hand. This is all weird to me, but I like it.

Brandon let's go of my hand and says,

"I'll see you tomorrow? "

I nod. "Yeah..."

He gets up and so do I. I walk him to the door. I open the door for him. He takes a step out then turns around. He looks into my eyes and lightly brushes his thumb over my lips. I feel chills run down my spine. He smiles and walks away.