15. Time

Rubie POV;

It has been 14 days since Dean has died and I haven't been to school since. Nobody has , the police are still using it as a crime scene. It is so bizarre , everything everyone seen seems to be wiped from their memories , I am sure Cedrick has had something to do with that but he still denies it.

Cedrick has been training me. Teaching me control of my thirst , how to wipe their memory of me feeding off them and how not to kill them. It is weird how he went from being the enemy to a friend in the space of a day.

It was 10:30 in the morning and I was leaving  the training room with Cedrick. I had been wanting to ask him something for a long time but never knew how to..

"Hey Cedrick , can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"You know when Dean died , why did you cry? I mean you guys were practically enemies and you don't seem like the sentimental type."

Cedrick looked at me blankly before answering. "I knew him before this life. We were turned by the same vampire , different times of course but I helped him. Like I am helping you. I trained him , there was a time he was like my little brother but he wanted something different. He didn't care about power he wanted love." Cedrick sat down on the bench that was stationed next to the door , I joined him.

"What do you mean he wanted love?" I asked.

"When Dean was human he was in love. Her name was Casandra Duvant  but then Lorena turned him. He thought she was dead but she wasn't. You see Lorena she was pure evil she thought it was fun to torture and hurt not just people but vampires. She turned Casandra and didn't tell him. Dean wanted to feel that way again and he finally did , you gave him that." Cedrick smiled. "I am sure it was Lorena's intention to tell Dean about Casandra now he had found you , making him break one of your hearts. But she never got her chance. That's why I wanted you to turn." Cedrick began to reveal.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I wanted you to turn because your strong as a hunter so as a vampire with the right amount of training you would be strong enough to kill a vampire , a very old one. Kill Lorena."

"Why would you want to kill Lorena if she wanted to hurt Dean?" I asked confused.

"Because she's already hurt me." Cedrick stated plainly. I never said anything to him I just left him to take the time he needed. I was to phased to ask him what happened. "She killed my little sister , right in front of me!" I could see the tears brimming in his eyes I just placed my arms around him and pulled him into a hug , not wanting him to be in the clear pain that he was in.