Ended the Way We Started.

It's been 65 years since the Scomiche wedding and things could not have been more perfect for them. They raised a child and she was now happily married at 47 years with an amazing husband and twins, a boy and a girl. Scott and Mitch's grandchildren would go round every month to see them. Mitch has not been feeling very well lately and Scott was worried this was the end for him.

Scott's POV

So Mitch has some sort of illness that might kill him. Well, what do you expect? We were 90. This was the exact thing I was worried about in my dream. Losing Mitch. We said goodbye to our daughter, son in law and our grandchildren about half an hour ago and now we're on the couch snuggled up against one another. This was just like the good ol' times.
Every now and then Mitch would have a couching fit and I would feel myself shatter inside as I comforted him. This was it. This was his end.

We turned on the TV and switched to SpongeBob. I'm surprised they're still playing this on TV even though it ended ages ago. Mitch curled up to my chest as I put my arm around him. It was like we were in our twenties again, without the constant coughing, parties and all the meds.

I felt his breathing get slower and slower as he slowly closed his eyes. It was time. I decided to give him one last speech before he went.

"Mitch, I love you. Ever since we were ten and we became best friends I knew my life was gonna be different to everyone else's. When you came out at fifteen I was so proud of you. When I came out I was so happy you accepted me the way I accepted you. I couldn't believe how supportive you were when I met Alex. When we were on the Sing Off you never got the praise you deserved, so I would always give you that praise. When Alex and I started dating you were always so happy for us. Everything was and still is perfect. When Alex asked me to move in with him, I had no idea how you were gonna take it. It was upsetting to see you breakdown like that, but it was also kinda nice, only because it showed that you cared about me, like a lot. Then I had my whole dream about you and I and how I had to choose between you and Alex. I'm so glad I dumped him for you because I dont think, no, wait, I know my life right now wouldn't be as perfect if I was with him. I still watch that Superfruit video where we made ourselves official. I can't believe how young we looked. I still have the letter I wrote you for your birthday proposal. I remember exactly how I felt when you said yes. I remember every minute of our wedding. I remember adopting Hesther, our daughter. I remember her wedding day with her new husband. I remember her giving birth to the twins. I remember how relieved we felt when Alex got a lifetime sentence in jail. I still remember everything that had happened to us ever since we were ten years old up til now. Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi, I love you." I started to well up after saying my speech to him as I remembered everything and how I was gonna lose it all. I thought I had lost it all until Mitch moved up towards me and gave me a peck on the lips. "Scott Richard Hoying, I love you too." And with that, he took his last breath.

-

It's been a week since Mitch's funeral and I was a mess. I had recently figured out that I too had a deadly disease that could kill me, however mine could be treated. I didn't want to get treated. I wanted Mitch. I wanted to see him in the heavens above.

-

A month later and I'm looking down at everyone at my funeral. Everyone is so distraught. All my family, all my friends, even some fans had managed to get into the funeral to say a few goodbyes. Once my funeral was over, I went back inside my house in heaven and sat down on the couch. I was 23 again and boy did it feel good to be young again. I was was about to close my eyes and think about my life in heaven when I felt someone curl up to my chest. It was none other than 23 year old Mitch. I was reunited with my husband.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." I replied.

"Kiss me."

"Okay."

I gave him a slow and passionate kiss. I then shifted so could lie down and Mitch did the same so we could both be comfortable. He fell asleep in my arms. I did the same a few minutes later. We did say at our wedding that we would still love each other even after death.

Soon we were both asleep on our couch with SpongeBob playing in the background. Of course Wyatt was here as well. I loved this. We ended the way we started. Asleep on the couch. SpongeBob and Wyatt. Amazing dreams about kissing one another. I then woke up and asked Mitch when he first started loving me since I never knew. He looked up and looked back down again with a massive smile and said the words I never thought I would hear.

"Rember when we did this when we were still alive? After you told me Alex had asked you to move in with him?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, then. When I was wrapped in you arms."

He then fell back asleep and so did I with a big smile on my face. I kept repeating those words in my mind d as I dreamt about the petit man with me.

Wrapped in your arms.