Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alec's dark eyes were boring into my blue ones. He was trying to read through my emotions. I was just waiting for him to say something. To be furious with me.

"Brent, take Devin back to the house."

Brent bowed his head. "Yes, alpha."

He then motioned for Devin to follow him. Devin gave me a reassuring smile. Yeah, that's right, Dev, just leave me here with this insane alpha. Not that he would, or could hurt me, but still, he could be scary.

Devin and Brent were a good 60 feet away now.

"You disrespected me in front of my whole pack."

"You were going to kill my friend." The moment the words left my lips I wanted to take them back. It should have started out with an apology. No, scratch that, I don't do apologies. I wasn't even sorry for what I did. Why would I be!? I just saved Devin's life. I should have started off with a, 'I know, but... '.

"You should not disrespect me."

"I didn't. In my opinion, you just didn't like being showed up." Now where did that come from!? God, Chloe, stop being smart and rubbing it in! No one likes being showed up, especially an alpha.

A little growl escaped his lips. His expression was a mix of anger and annoyance.

"You should always be on my side, supporting me. You are my mate."

"I can make my own decisions, I choose sides based on who I think is right, not who I have the highest relationship status with." I said it in a matter of fact kind of tone.

"You're a stubborn one, aren't you?"

"I'm just good at finding loop holes, and I stand up for what I believe in."

A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. Thank God he wasn't mad anymore.

"Qualities of a great Luna, even if they get on my nerves sometimes."

I smiled back, "I'm taking that as a compliment just to let you know."

"As you should." He smiled warmly at me.

I couldn't help but to return the gesture.

"We can go for a walk if you'd like. I could show you more of the territory that you will soon be Luna of." He said, coming closer to me.

With him standing this close to me, how could I say no?

"I would like that." I said turning on my heel. Distance from him was a good thing, I could think more clearly. My wolf highly objected to it, but for now, while I needed my head in the game, it would have to do.

I turned my head to see where Alec was, and he was still just standing there. Looking at me with his head tilted to one side, studying me.

"You coming, or not?"

He turned his gaze to the ground shaking his head, smiling. Then he looked back up and came towards me. He put his arm around my waist to turn me in another direction. Leading me that way. He never removed his arm.

"So tell me about yourself." He requested. I looked at him and laughed.

"Like what?"

"Well, start out with your home life, growing up and major milestones like that."

He then looked at me apologetically. As if remembering the circumstances of which I came here. "I'm sorry... You don't have to if-"

"No, it's only natural for you to want to know."