Chapter 2

Chase P.O.V.

"I'm late I'm late. No no no this can't be happening."

I jump up out of my bed and rush to my bathroom and start the shower up, taking off my clothes and jumping in and taking a quick shower. Once I finish in the bathroom I went straight to my closet and hurried to get my clothes for today. I end up picking out my white fitting jeans and a black V-neck shirt with a skull on it and my black and white vans. When I was finish getting dress I quickly fix my hair and let it hang.

I grabbed my phone, bag and my keys off my bed and walked down the stair quietly cause I know my mother is still sleeping and my father is at work. My father works from 10:00 at night to 4:30 in the evening, my mother works from 11:00 in the morning to 5:00 in the evening.

When I stepped outside the house I ran to my car and hopped in not even worried about putting my seatbelt on and started it up. Backing up out the driveway and speeded up the street, not even caring, and I'm pretty sure I was about to hit a car but I didn't care and kept on going.

Once I parked in the school parking lot the bell rung.

Great now I'm late.

I ran inside and went straight to the main office and walked up to the desk. Ms.Sharon was typing when I knocked on the desk. She looked up at me with a smile then looked at the clock, than back me with a why-are-you-late face. I just gave her a sly smile and she wrote me a pass. I mean this is actually the only time I ever been late.

She handed me the pass and I ran down the hall to my first class. Algebra. Most kids would be piss to have Algebra as their first class of the day, but I don't it's my favorite subject. The thing or should I say the one person I hate in that class is Ryder Luimay.

I never use to hate him. In middle school I had the biggest crush on him in 6th grade, I was also openly gay and everyone accepted me, even my parents. Anyways I would always see him around but before I could every go over to him and talk to him he would look my way then disappear, like he was avoiding me. I would always get so nervous, every time I though about him my tail and ears would pop out and I would have to hurry and hid them from sight.

Oh did I forget to mention I'm a Neko. Surprise. Well... I'm part Neko and part vampire. But I still haven't come of age yet my birthday is in two more days and I'm so excited cause that means I get my fangs.

And no us Neko's are not slaves to vampires....we never were. We all just live our life regularly.... Even though most of the humans hate and despise us and by us I mean Neko's, vampires and werewolves. But nobody but my best friend Tony knows, besides my parents.

Anywhore, like I was saying I would have to cover up my ears and tail by putting my tail in my pants and my ears under my hat. Ryder wasn't a trouble maker and that what I loved about him, he was kind, sweet and one of the smartest guys in the school, but he had caught my eye way before I knew any of that. When it came to the end of our 7th grade year I start to despise him and every time I say him or walk pass him and he look at me I would give him a look of hate cause that I was having for him hate.

Once I got to Ms.Moore door I knocked on it and looked through the window and saw her put her clip board down, which means she was doing roll call. She came and opened the door and I handed her my pass. She nodded her head and I went to my seat which is two seats in front of Ryder, oh how lucky am I, hear my sarcasm.

When I sit down I can feel someone's gaze on me, but I can pretty much guess who's it is, and when turn to look behind me I was right it was Ryder. I gave him the look I always gave him, a look of hate. Is it nice to do that to people? No, but I'll do it to him anyway.

I felt something in my stomach like it twisted from me upsetting Ryder but I just shook it off and pulled out my books and pencil an started to jolt down my notes for today as Ms.Moore started the class. I started to get that feeling and my stomach again and turned to look back in my seat, Ryder was writing so I just turned back and looked at the time.

This is going to be one long day.