Faith means Trust

Faith's Avatar heart was running wild as their helicopter sped over the thick forests of Pandora. She hung close to the open side where she could witness everything herself. The sound crushing winds that flowed through the craft made her hair run wild to and from her face. Her working eyes were locked on the florescent beauty of the flora and the unique coloring of passing fauna. An everlasting smile was spread on her lips .

Trudy, the pilot and new friend Faith had made not an hour earlier, chewed her gum open mouthed with a smile seeing the girl react to the area. Jake, who was also in his avatar beside Faith but closer to the tail of the copter, did the same. However, not with gum in his mouth, but with a loaded firearm in hand and a bag strapped to his back. Grace, also in her body of blue, watched silently and blankly yet her mind was in a frenzy of memories with her girl shrunk back to her younger years, so happy and joyful until the day everything changed for her. Norm, who too was Avatar, paid little attention seeing as he was organizing and assorting the tools in his pack. The one other member on board was a human with a gun like Jake's but in a smaller form for his size on the opposite door.

Soon, Trudy began her decent in an opening clear of trees but plagued by a growth of soft tall grass.

With an inch between the aircraft and the ground, both Jake and Faith leaped from the doorway. Jake lifted his gun at the ready and looked for any dangers while the teen gasped at the beauty.

Grace rushed out of the copter and signaled Trudy to shut down as they scoped out the area. Faith stuck close to Jake since she was far from the 'Scientific' type and didn't want to have to listen to her mother's nor Norm's high vocabulary which she probably didn't understand.

"Stay with the ship." She heard her mother command and looked back to the human doorman holding his gun cautiously. "One idiot with a gun is enough." She muttered to herself although both Jake and Faith heard, making them grin.

"You're the man, Doc." The gunner praised monotonously with a tone of happiness. No doubt that he didn't have to stick his neck out for them in the forest.

When everyone was ready, Jake started at the front of the line through an lesser dense area of the forest. Followed behind him was Faith, then Grace, and lastly Norm.

Faith ran her fingers over the leaves, bark, stems, everything around her to get the feel on her skin. The sun's rays beading through the clearings above that shined down warmed her to the core. A small breeze fighting against the heat blew against her front. It was all so much different from earth and the genuine pleasure she felt at the ability to actually see it all was almost too good to be true for her.

Jake suddenly stopped and positioned his firearm in his shoulder at the sound of tossing tree branches and jostling leaves. All looked to the source to see a group of prolemurs passing by as they picked fruits from limbs.

Faith giggled and placed a gentle hand on her friends shoulder. "They're ok." She eased.

"Prolemurs." Grace interjected. Impatiently walking around her daughter and Jake."They're not aggressive." She put a hand on the barrel of the gun and shoved it back to the direction of the ground. "Easy Marine, you're making me nervous."

Faith then took her turn walking in front of Jake, slyly nudging him in the side with her elbow harshly but playfully. She quickly turned to see his reaction and found him with a mischievous smile spread over his face. She wasted no time in blanking all emotion to instant fear and took off ahead.