Faith is Always in You

Faith did learn quickly as her teacher had recommended (or rather commanded). Over and over again, he challenged her and her potential as a Na'vi. Merciless is most likely the word to describe her training. By the end of the day, it wasn't the dull phantom ache of her leg that was only a few days heal away from normal again but the rest of her body that had cuts, bruises and was sore all around. She always glared at him the next morning when he chuckled at how badly she groaned to get out her hammock.

Over the few weeks of training that had commenced, Faith rarely saw Jake's avatar besides at the clans meal times. With Faith's more extensive knowledge of the Na'vi people, their lessons began to separate as they needed to learn different aspects of the clan. But they both knew their place in their tutors orders and did as told. However, she was there to help translate when Jake and herself talked Mo'at into letting Grace back into the village. Her mothers face seemed to light up in a way she would never thought she would see for herself.

Of course, Drewan soon gave Faith a bow made from sturdy yet old bark to help protect her from the forest's dangers. Aungia whined constantly at his partner when she commanded him to stay at hometree instead of allowing him to protect her while by his side. And while that one reason was because he worried for her safety, unbeknownst to the young dreamwalker, the poor hybrid was smothered by curious young Na'vi who had never laid eyes on such a creature, let alone a tame one to touch.

Drewan then showed Faith how to make arrows for her new weapon but did not assist in any way when she forgot a step or misplaced the angle of the tails. She would huff at his tough patronizing but continue as instructed. Then there was entire lesson of learning to shoot it properly. This was all entertaining for Drewan to say the least.

Nonetheless, he admired that she never gave up. Everyday she followed obediently behind her tutor and studied his teachings diligently. And during most lessons, he stared at her in awe as she did not just learn from him but quickly learned for herself.

When Faith wasnt with Drewan, she was often either asleep or shyly making friends with the other Na'vi members due to the companionship of both her mother and Mo'at. (With Aungia by her side as always.) She was introduced to the children who were so facinated with Aungia, some who were previously students in her mothers English teaching classes. The youngsters would ask her numerous questions about her and a Dreamwalker and what her world was like. The teens however, seemed to be more interested in how quickly they were able to judge how much she knew of the people and if she could be accepted as one of them. Thankfully, she didn't seem to disappoint.

She used her newfound enhanced senses as a Na'vi to detect slight changes in the forest scents or to see through the nights bioluminescence and spot what was flora and what was fauna. What made Drewan curious was Faith's desire to touch almost everything she came cross. In reminiscence, she explained to him how where she came from, her real form, was blind and not just in the ways of the Na'vi.

"Its like an eternal sleep with a constant dream that must remain a mystery." She once said. "Moments where it torments me with excitement that I cannot experience and other times it blesses me with sadness I cannot witness. Yet I can hear the emotion, smell the surrounding but touch....touch took me to the closest level sight could give."

This might've been the point where Drewan had felt something a bit more towards Faith. While it was more strenuous on herself, Drewan took Faith out for hours on end to see every inch of the clans territory of Pandora. Watching as her eyes lit with happiness at every new thing. She was nothing like the devil skypeople that had been explained to him. No, she was more Na'vi than human.