thirty

"What are you guys here?" Christian asked and glared at Luke, not bothering to even look at his little sister.

"Can't I visit my family?" Diana said and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Of course you can, but you never want to since you hate us." Christian said harshly and glanced at his sister. "Now, why are you here?"

"Bugger off, Chris." Logan said and rolled his eyes. "Let them visit if they want to. Last time I checked Diana was still a part of this family, and so is Luke, and family is always welcome here."

"So you two are still together, huh?" Christian said, looking at Luke again.

"Not that it is any of your business, but yes we are." Diana said and walked past Christian to follow Logan inside, bringing Luke close behind her.

The house looked almost the same as it had done when Diana grew up there. It looked just the same as the last time she was there a couple of years ago. Same old boring furniture, same old boring carpets and curtains. It was obvious that her parents weren't there that often.

Logan had headed to the living room and do something - probably play video games - and Luke decided to join. He left a short kiss on Diana's lips and join her little brother.

Diana on the other hand continued in to the kitchen, where she hopefully wouldn't find her mother. Diana really hoped that her parents were away somewhere and she wouldn't have to face them, but the car was out of the garage so deep inside Diana already knew that she would be finding her mother in the kitchen.

And she sure did.

Sitting on a bar stool, reading a magazine and with her phone in her hand, by the kitchen island were her mother. She looked stressed, just as always. Her hair was starting to turn a little lighter and it was up in a high bun. She was also wearing a very fancy dress. She looked just like always.

Her mother looked up as she felt someone's presence in the room. She met Diana's eyes and a shocked expression found it's way to her face, before a small smile placed on her lips. "Diana? What are you doing here?"

"Hi mom." Diana said and gave her a small smile. "Me and Luke was visiting his family in Sydney and he got the idea to come visit you here."

"What a lovely surprise!" Her mother exclaimed with a smile. She patted on the stool next to her own. "Come sit down."

Diana gave her mother a confused look. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" (a/n: five days o.o)

"I mean, why are you so nice to me? I thought we were still fighting.." Diana explained and her mother sighed.

"I'm tired of fighting, Diana. I may not approve everything you do and you may not approve everything me and you father do, but it's our own life's. You are an adult and so are me and your father. We shouldn't be fighting like this. I just really want to have a relationship with my daughter and make up for all this terrible fighting."

"Are you really meaning that?" Diana questioned.

"I really am, Didi." Her mother said and gave her a small smile. "I really wanna stop this fighting."

"So do I." Diana confessed with a sigh. "I forgive you. If you forgive me for being such a bítchy and annoying teenager?"

"I forgive you." Her mother said and laughed at her daughters choice of words. "Now come give me a hug and then sit down so we can catch up."

Diana smiled and walked over to give her mother a hug, before sitting down. "How are you, mom?"

"I'm good, honey. Tired, but good. What about you?"

"I'm good. Really good, actually." Diana smiled.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. It feels like my life is finally turning around and it's only going up. Everything seems to fall in to places now and it looks like everything is gonna be perfect."

"That's sounds amazing. How is it going with Luke? Is he treating you alright?"

"He really is." Diana nodded. "He is perfect. We are perfect."

"That makes me happy to hear." Her mother smiled. "So, tell me, anything new in your life?"

"Well, there is this one thing.." Diana started with a huge smile.

"Tell me!"

"I'm pregnant." Diana smiled and her mother gasped, before placing her hands over her mouth.

"Are you serious? I thought it was impossible!"

"So did we. But the doctor said it was a miracle." Diana explained and her mother congratulated her and gave her a tight hug.

"That is -"

"Probably a lie." Christian's voice said.

Diana turned around and looked at her brother, who was standing there in the doorway with his arms crossed. He had a small smirk on his face, but he still looked very serious.

"Christian Edgar York!" Their mother scolded. "Do not talk to her like that! Be happy for her instead. This is truly a miracle."

"Yeah, it is a miracle. And that is why I don't believe it." Christian said. "I don't believe in miracles."

"You don't have to believe it." Diana said. "You are an ásshole."

Christian just rolled his eyes and was about to talk again when Luke entered the kitchen behind him and walked over to his wife. "What's going on?"

"Christian here is just being an idiot." Diana mumbled and leaned in to Luke's touch as he stood behind her and placed his arms around her. "As usual."

"Ah." Luke nodded and couldn't help but to smile, as Christian gave up and left the room. Luke then turned to Diana's mother. "Hello, mrs. York, by the way."

"Hello Luke. How are you?" She smiled.

"I'm great!"

"Yeah, I understand that. Congratulations by the way! Diana just told me."

"Oh she did?" Luke said a little surprised and looked down at his wife.

"Yep. We apologized to each other." Diana said with a smile. " Everything is turning out perfect in my life at the moment!"

☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️

aw everyhing's gonna be alright

diana and her mom are friends again yay

christian is still an ásshole

luke is a cutie

QOTD: comment a 'yes' if you want this story to end happily

ily all

bonus QOTD: comment here is you're a slút for luke hemmings