Intro

I have lived in 5 countries, attended 7 schools, and I still have one year of school to complete. Therefore, I have a lot of experience of meeting new people, making new friends, and trying to keep old ones. In fact that is the majority if my life. I have always spent a lot of time speaking with people, either by Telephone or on Facebook, Whatsapp, Skype, Snapchat and other means of communication. I have made incredible friends that have stuck with me for years, even when I moved from school to school, country to country. But of course I have lost friends that I thought would do exactly that. Distance can make keeping any kind of relationship extremely hard.

I believe that everyone in your life can be split into 4 categories depending on your relationship with them. The first category are "People", these are "Strangers" or "Acquaintances". Strangers are people that you know exist, who's name you might know, and maybe even heard stories of. Yet you have never spoken to them. Acquaintances are people you have had a few conversations with, but only when you've had to, for example when being introduced. 

The second category is "Friends". This consists of "Normals", "Close Friends" and "Best Friends. "Normals" are friends that you talk to, regularly or not, but would never reveal secrets to them. "Close Friends" are friends that you talk to on a regular basis. These people will know a decent amount about you. You could hang out often, yet it wouldn't be as fun as it would be with your "Best friends". "Best friends" are those people that mean the most to you out of all your friends. You would do practically anything for these people and they know basically everything about you. You're darkest secrets to your fondest memories. They may not have lived them with you but they sure will know every detail. 

The third category are your "Dislikes" people you have a problem with for whatever reason and do not enjoy their company. In this category there are  "Fakes", "Accepters" and of course your "Enemies". The Fakes are those people that for whatever reason think that you're friends, but you actually really don't like them. What I call Accepters are people who you dislike yet you both know you don't like each other and you don't talk. Enemies don't need much explaining, but they are people that you hate, and they hate you too.

Throughout his book I will be breaking down each category and sub-category of people in everyone's life. The aim of the book is to help understand the social structure in your life and this structure might help you understand how each person fits into your life.