Chapter 1: We're Moving?

"We're moving?" Alison asked her stepmother, her voiced cracked with sadness and disappointment.

Her heart sank, they were going to leave everything she ever knew, her friends, this town, the house she grew up in that held what little memories she had left of her father. She wasn't ready for that, not yet.

But she had to admit, most of the memories she had, were ones she wished she'd forget, they seemed to crowd out the happy ones she wished she only remembered.

She had little to no hope they would be moving near to the school of her dreams, Clonten high. Even if they did, Alison knew she would be an outcast, and Audrey would be popular on campus, as it had always been.

The thought made her feel disgusted, her stepsister was so cruel, but yet everyone else was blind to it. Audrey was always accepted by the other students, everyone looked at her like she was some kind of celebrity.

Audrey was pretty, and outgoing, and friendly when others were watching, Alison knew better then to trust her outside appearance, on the inside her stepsisters heart was dark and cold, she hated anyone she thought would get in her way.

"Yes, we are going to be moving, so go pack our bags." Vivian answered, without taking her gaze off her freshly polished finger nails. Waving them in front of her mouth she softly blew on them. Vivian's curly blonde hair seemed to perfectly lay straight over her shoulders, beauty was something she held up very high in life.

Alison stood in front of her step mother speechless. go pack our bags? she thought to herself. "Are you sure you can trust me with your stuff?" Alison asked in a low voice trying to hold back tears, with her eyebrows raised and arms crossed.

She wasn't quite sure why she was even asking such a question. Part of her was being sarcastic, but somehow, she was wanting to hear her Step Mom say 'yes'. She wasn't quite sure why. Maybe she wanted to know the closest thing she knew to 'Mother' had even the lest bit of trust in her.

With the sudden question Vivian stopped waving her hand in front of her makeup covered face and looked up at Alison with a chuckle. "Your right. What was I thinking?" Getting up from the seat at her beauty table, she walked toward Alison, gently grabbing her chin the older woman tilted her head to the side, in pity.

Her Stepmothers dark stare was piercing, Alison wished she could avoid her eye's that were filled with darkness, and hatred toward her, but she dare not, unless she wanted to pay the price, for not being respectful, so Vivian always told her.

The older woman continued to speak. "Who would trust someone like you? a nobody, an orphan. Go pack your bags and then clean up, we can't be leaving this house dirty now can we?" Vivian finished in a slow whisper, waving her hand in dismiss.

With her step mothers back turned toward her,  Alison's eyes teared up, she quickly rubbed them, in attempt to stop the tears from flowing down her checks. Vivian always told her that crying was such a disgraceful thing. She always made sure to keep her composure in front of her Stepmother, and dare not let her see her break down, she didn't want to show her that she was weak.

Alison made her way down the long hallway, still trying to hold back tears, she wasn't sure why she was being so emotional. Was it what her Step Mother said? It wasn't the first time her step mother had said such hurtful words. Was it because they were going to move?

On the walls were pictures of her step mother and step sister. Vivian had taken down all he pictures of Alison and her father, When she asked where they were, Vivian told her she got rid of them. Anger filled within her, Who was she to take away what little left she had of her father? Her step mother may not have loved him, but she did.

The only picture Alison had left of her father was a small one she kept hidden away in a special box, in her room.

Alison packed her things into a small moving box, moving across her room she came to a tiny music box, shutting her door so no one could see what she was doing, Alison went and sat on the bed in the corner of the room.

Opening the music box she gently stroked the outside edges with her fingers. dumping all her belongings onto the bed, she pulled up a tiny slip on the the bottom of the box, reveling a picture of her father. She had to keep it hidden, or no doubt her step mother would take it away too. Carefully she lifted up the picture and embraced it against her chest. Oh how she wished he was here. finally she let the tears fall.

Hope you enjoyed !

Please do tell me what you think of the chapter ^.^

God Bless!