Chapter 2

Brayden's POV

She probably thinks I'm in the living room but I'm leaning against the door crying. Why won't she tell me what's wrong? "Brayden?" She yells. "What?" I snap at her. Maybe it's time she gets a taste of her own medicine. She opens the door and I look at her tear-stained face. "Are you ok?" I ask hugging her. "Come on." I tell her. "Let's go clean you up." I walk across the hall and turn on the shower for Em. "Brayden?" She yells. "Yeah?" I answer. "I think something's wrong with me." She says quietly while walking into the room. "You're perfect." I say, kissing her on the cheek. If you were wondering this is normal for us. All the sudden she breaks down sobbing. "Calm down... you just need a minute." I calmly tell her. "Ok..." She says, sniffing. "I'm seriously going to bed though so goodnight." I say, closing the door. "Night." She calls out in her normal, happy voice. I walk into my room and take out some of her favorite pajamas  and putting them outside the bathroom door. I jump into bed. "Should we watch a movie?" She asks walking into the room. "Sure" I answer. I turn on the tv and sit next to her on the bed. I start to massage her back. After awhile she's fast asleep. "Happy Birthday, Emma." I say, kissing her cheek.

"Wake up." She whispers in my ear. "How would I ever know when to wake up without you?" I ask as she giggles. "I made breakfast." She says. "Is it any better then my cake?" I say jokingly. "Actually I was going to cut you a piece but it was a big sponge..." "Well about that..." I started to say. "Bye!" I yelled, running out the door. "I guess you don't get to hear your birthday surprise." I yelled to her. Today is her real birthday, yesterday her parents had to leave town so we celebrated with them. "What's my surprise?" She asked running down the stairs.

Emma's POV

"We're going to the beach!" he yelled. "Let me go get my stuff." He said, walking upstairs again to our bedroom. I followed him. "Does something smell like it's burning?" He took a deep breath. "Let me go check the kitchen." I told him. I walked to the far end of the house. Brayden was closer to the front. Suddenly the wall caved in, trapping me. "Brayden! Get out of the flat!" I screamed at him. "Emma!" He yelled back. And that was the last thing I remember...