Chapter 3

Brayden's POV

Oh my god... I can't leave her here but... I can't get trapped trying to get him. I pick up my phone and run outside.
"911, what's your emergency?"
"There's a burning building on Holly street!"
"Are there still people in the building sir?"
"Yeah. I'm not sure how many."
"Ok. We will send help. Try to stay calm."

As soon as the ambulance and fire truck got to the building (after a few minutes that felt like days) the firemen rushed inside. When they came out they were carrying a burnt and unconscious Emma. They started bringing her to an ambulance and I walked up to her and started to get into the back with her. "Sir we can't allow you to do that unless you are a close friend or family member." They told me calmly. "I'm her best friend and her roommate." I told them. "Oh sorry go ahead." They said, rushing to another person. As soon as they closed the door I started to cry a little. You can't blame me, my best friend could be dead. "Emma..." I whispered, running my fingers through her hair. Suddenly her eyes opened. "Hey" She said in a cracked voice. "Are you ok?" I asked her. "I'll live. Were you crying?" She started to gently laugh. "I have a reason to." "I'm so tired..." She started to close her eyes. "Don't go to sleep!" I yelled, shaking her. "Calm down! I told you I was gonna live." She calmly told me. "Promise me." But she was already asleep before I finished.

                    *Hospital*

The doctors said she's in a coma. Probably for 3 days.