The day of the dead

I wake up as I do every morning, but my dog isn't next to me I lift the covers, she's not there, I tell myself she's ok, she's fine, but I am not buying my own lies. I creep into my mom's room she's sleeping. Good. I step back in my room and go to the closet to get my jacket,shoes,hat and belt then I pick out something to wear I'm not that picky for a girl. I grab a pair of jeans and a shrit with 1,2,3,4,5, 5 green clovers and a pink backround. I got it when when I was like 9 I'm 17 now and don't know why it still fits me. I'm about to step out the door when I hear a quiet "Meow" I turn my head and I see that it's only my cat. I step closer to him and cover his snout with my hands "Shhhhhhhh" I tell him " Were both dead if my mom hears you!" And was like he understood me and knew what I was talking about. He looked up and down at me and jumps down from the coffee table he wants to go with me. I take my dog there not my cat but he is kind of like a dog. I'm about to leave again when i hear "Julie, were are you going sweet I need to know." I grit my teeth and I tell her "Finding my dog Theo is coming with me." She walks out of her room maybe to see what I'm wearing. I smile at her,open the door,and run at my top speed before she says anything else. Ted along my side we run through the felid behind my house. I slow down and stop completely by the time I reach the middle my cat stops to and looks around. It's quite. It's never quiet. You can usually hear birds or the busy rush of cars on the road out front. Nothing. Looking around I can see figures in the feild so I run to the closest tree I can and climb it. Theodore gets the idea. "What's going on. No one comes on our property ever." I say to my cat. All of a just here my dog barking. "Dapple!?" I yell and jump down from the branch I'm on. "Stay." a say and put my hand up. I dart through the field and see her one of the figures is following her. Very slowly.... I run towards her, but trip and roll on to the ground. My sight is a little blurry and I hear grunts and moans also something is crawling towards me once I regain my sight I can see its a body I back away and stand up it's half a body crawling towards me all its organs hanging out, then I realized thinking back to all of the movies. This a apocalypse and I'm in it. I run to my dog and whistle she comes with me I pass the tree yelling my cat's name he follows me back to the house I can hear screams. "MOM!" running in and a body is on the floor. Rushing into my mom's room I can see she's hurt there is blood all over the floor and she is holding her arm "Mom..." I ask and looks at me her eyes jet black. I back out of the room and close the door behind me. I run into my room and search my dressers for something and I find it a wepon a really sharp knife actually, never used it. There was a belt hoop in it and I put it on my belt. This is it this is the end. I walk to my front door and unclip my hollister to my knife. Holding it my dog by my side Ted on the other side of me I look in the pot next to my door reach in grab the keys to my mom's car and shut the door to my old life looking into my new one.