In The Beginning...

Age 7

Chapter 1

"Pao! Hurry Up! You are so slow at times!" Rahart yelled from his backyard, with his Australian accent, calling his best friend, using her nickname.

Soon after, Paola runs across his backyard. She arrives in front of him.

"Sorry, if I took so long Hart. My dad was taking so long to get out of the car. He must have been really tired from driving from North Carolina to Miami. Considering he crashed on the couch in your house. Charlie should find him there any second. (1)" Paola said breathless. Rahart smiled at his adorable best friend.

"By the way, where is Carlos? Shouldn't he be with you guys? (2)" Rahart asked.

"No, he is still in North Carolina with my mom. They won't be back for 2 days and my dad has to go to work tomorrow I get to spend the next few days at your house. I forgot to tell you that." Paola smiles sheeply.

"It's okay. Besides, I am just happy that my best friend and I will be together and have a sleepover every night." Paola jumps up and down with glee.

"Your right. And it will be fun and awesome." They both smile at each other. What they don't know is that Rahart's mom and Paola's dad were watching their conversation the whole time.

"We're going to be in-laws." He said. Mrs. Adams rolls her eyes.

"What makes you so sure of it?" Mr. Andino smiles.

"I know it will happen. Just look at them. At this rate, they would have feeling for each other but just ignore those feelings." Mrs. Adams and Mr. Andino laugh. While they were laughing, Rahart and Paola walk into the living room hand in hand. Their parents looked directly at their intwined hands. Rahart and Paola noticed this and looked at their parents dumbfoundedly.

"What?" They said in unison.

"Yep, you kids are definitely going to fall in love in the future." Mrs. Adams said. The two seven year olds gagged in disgust.

"Yeah, right mom. I'm not going to fall in love with Paola. She is my best friend in the whole wide world. It would be awkward." Rahart shudders at the word 'love'.

"Yeah, the same goes for me. I'd have to kiss him. And I can think of so many things I would rather do than kissing Rahart. Besides, us being in love would ruin our friendship and that is like on of the most important things in our lives. So, no way its happening." Then Rahart and Paola run upstairs to Rahart's room. Leaving Mrs. Adams and Mr. Andino in shock.

"Denial, it is so going to happen." Mr. Andino said with a smile. Mrs. Adams smiles back at him and nods her head.

Meanwhile in Rahart's Room...

"I can't believe what are parents just said." Rahart said while walking into his room with Paola following him. Charlie, Rahart's one year old brother, starts to cry so Paola takes him out of his crib and puts him on the carpet to play with some blocks and cars. Rahart and Paola sit at Rahart's bay window.

"Me, neither. Imagine all the couple-ly things I'd have to do. Too much kissing and hand holding. I mean hugs won't be bad because we hug all the time and hand holding, I at least hold your hand once a day sometimes, but kissing?! That's too gross!" Paola exclaims. Rahart nods his head.

"Yeah, sometimes our parents can be gross at times." He said. Paola fake gags at the thought and Rahart smiles. "I think we should avoid falling in love by promising we should never fall in love with each other."

"Agreed, to that." Paola sticks out her pinky finger and intwins it with Rahart's.

"I pinky promise to never fall in love with my best friend. And to keep our friendship and the level of best friends only from here on out." They say together. Then their pinkies release. A promise to never fall in love with your best friend.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Later In The Evening...

"You have everything you need, Chipmunk? (3)" Mr. Andino asked to his daughter.

"Yes, papa. I'll see you in a couple of days." Paola smiles as her dad kisses her on her forehead.

"Take good care of her and Rahart, don't cause trouble." Rahart smirks at his comment.

"I wouldn't dream of it, Mr. Andino." He smiles back and then walks out the door leaving Mrs. Adams to close the door. Soon, she turns to the two small children. Actually, Paola and Rahart were a little tall for their age. Only like 2 inches taller.

"Okay, kids. I expect you two to behave and no PDA in Rahart's room." Mrs. Adams said. Paola and Rahart stare at her confusedly.

"Wait, mom, what's PDA?" Rahart asked.

"Public Display of Affection. So, no kissing and all that stuff." Rahart and Paola groan in annoyance.

"No offence, Mrs. Adams. But, I thought we were over this." Paola said with a frown.

"Yeah right. You'll both give in your teen years." Rahart rolls his eyes. The two kids run up to Rahart's room once again. Paola sits on one of his beanbags with Rahart sits on the edge of his bed. They still felt weird about this whole love thing.

"I can't believe she is still saying that. Rahart, I love your mother as if she was a second mother but, she can get on my nerves sometimes." Paola said.

"Yeah, that's so true. Besides, why are we thinking about the future let's just focus on what we have now and watch some movies, and eat popcorn, and play board games. (4)" Rahart said. Paola smiles at Rahart. She gets the reference. Soon after, they spent the whole night watching movies and marathons, and eating candy. Let's just say they had an amazing time. And it would be something they would never forget. And unknown to them, they just had the first lesson of their future together.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
(1) I don't really know Rahart's brother's name so I'm just going with Charlie.

(2) I don't know Paola's older brother either so I'm going with Carlos.

(3) I just used a nickname I called one of my best friends in the Alternate Universe.

(4) Spongebob fans, would have noticed what I done there.

So, there you have and I hope you enjoy the first chapter. And until the next one guys!

HappyMila >>> HMStarHalston