Chapter Twenty-Seven: Can we fix this?

Harry's POV

Emily and I walked out of the doctors office and I walked her to her car. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her. "Tell you what?" She asked playing dumb. "Why didn't you tell me we were having twins?' I asked her being specific. "You didn't deserve to know." "What do you mean I didn't deserve to know? They're my children too. I deserve to know everything." I told her. "Look I'm not going to fight with you after all of this time." She said matter-of-factly.

"Can I atleast take you shopping for the babies?" She looked at me and hesitantly nodded. We walked to my car and I opened the door for her "Thanks." She whispered. I walked to the other side and got in. "I was thinking the mall?" I asked her. She just nodded. "What's wrong?" I asked her. "I was just thinking." She told me. "About?" I asked, curious now. "Everything. Why did you cheat on me? Why leave our child like that? Why hurt me?" She asked tears on the brim of her eyes. "I-I was drunk. I don't know what I was thinking. I just, I messed up. I'm so sorry." I answered honestly feeling my heart break knowing I hurt her so bad. "Oh." She said. You could hear the hurt in her voice. This made me want to cry. "Emily. Will you ever forgive me?" I asked, hoping the answer would be yes. "I don't know Harry. I loved you. You were all I had. I thought I could trust you. Then I got pregnant and I freaked out. I thought you were going to leave me. I mean I'm sixteen for crying out loud! You're eighteen, famous, you don't have to worry about where the money comes from, you don't have to worry about what people think about you! You don't have to worry about getting dirty looks because you're having a baby! I have the proof under my shirt! Everywhere I go people look at me like I have three heads! Like I'm different and I'm not! I'm just a teenager! When we broke up I was so scared! I didn't know how I was going to raise these babies! I can't even raise myself! I'm just a child! I can't take care if two children!" I was stunned at what she just said. She really felt this way? By this time she was full on crying. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you felt that way." I told her. But looked out the window and ignored me while the tears flowed down her face. I leaned across the seat and kissed her cheek then started the car. The drive to the mall was silent.

---

As we walked into Babies-R-Us I started looking around. There is so much stuff. I didn't know where to go so I followed Em. We walked down tons if isles until we stopped at the cribs. "What kind of crib do you want?" I asked. "Something feminine." She said. "But we're having a boy too." I told her. "Harry, we're having a boy and a girl. Which means two of everything. It's going to be expensive." Oh, duh. I should've thought of that. "What do you think of this one?" I heard her ask. I looked at a crib she was pointing to. I was a very light, elegant, pink. "It's beautiful." I told her. I looked around and spotted a light, elegant blue crib that looked like the pink one. I heard her gasp "It's perfect." She said running up and hugging me. I hugged her back smiling at how happy she is. "What else?" I asked. "Stroller." She told me. I put the two cribs into the cart and followed her. We quickly decided on an all black double stroller. I looked at her and saw her smiling at me. "What?" I asked smiling back. "I think this is enough for today. Thank you." "You're welcome." I said still smiling at her. "Hey Harry." She said. "Yes?" I answered. "I love you." She smiled. "I love you too." I said meaning every bit of it.