Chapter Eighteen: Lucky Strike

~2 Weeks Later~

HAZEL

Today I was going for a scan to confirm my pregnancy. I was nervous that something would go wrong and they'd tell me I'd lost my baby. Jake and Rachel assured me that this was normal first baby nerves and that I was strong and healthy and in return so would be the baby. Neither of my friends could come with me to the hospital; Rachel had an exam to sit and Jake wasn't a fan of hospitals so I was set to go about this alone which sucked.

I signed in and was told to wait in a sterile white waiting room. There were a few happy looking couples scattered around the room laughing and joking about what colour they were going to pain the baby's room and what they were going to name them if it was a boy or a girl. I looked out of place and a couple shot me a sympathetic look as I rested my hand on my stomach, I hated those type of looks but it was something I was going to have to get use to since Adam had Behati to deal with and he didn't need this baby hassle.

Picking up a magazine about baby care I scanned through it getting overwhelmed by the amount of information was needed to raise a child and I knew next to nothing. I was practically a child myself and I struggled to fend for myself, so how the hell was I supposed to provide for the life growing inside me. I threw the magazine back on the table and pulled out my phone with shaky hands and checked the time, I had around ten minutes to wait until it was my appointment.

"Purple don't look so nervous you're not alone."

Matt's voice pulled me out of my panicked thoughts and I glanced up through my fringe and saw his smiling faces, what was he doing here? Someone else cleared their throat behind Matt and next thing James stepped to the side and waved at me. Okay now I was confused because I hadn't told any of the pack about my appointment.

"Err what are you guys doing here? Not that I mean to sound rude but what the hell."

Both guys chuckled and sat down either side of me.

"Jake rang and said you were nervous so here we are, your knights in shining armour."

James did a little fancy bow while Matt shook his head and snorted. I cracked a smile, it was nice not having to be here alone.

"Miss Hazel?"

I raised my hand and a nurse tottered over to the three of us holding a clipboard, she glanced at Matt and James before locking eyes with me.

"I'll need two signatures, yours and the fathers. I'm assuming one of these men is the father."

I was about to tell her that Matt and James were just here as supportive friends when Matt cleared his throat and took the clipboard from the nurses hand and signed his name before grinning at me.

"I'm the father."

James's mouth dropped open but he quickly closed it. Both him and I were surprised by Matt's action, well at least my baby now had a father even if it was one of Adam's band mates. I scribbled my name on the line next to Matt's and the nursed smiled and took it back off me.

"Okay I'll call you in about five minutes."

She left the room and then James turned to Matt with concern in his eyes.

"Matt, Adam's going to kill you when he finds out what you just did."

"He chose not to come, they needed two signatures or she wouldn't get the scan. Were you going to claim you were the father? Adam needs to man up."

James opened his mouth to respond to Matt but quickly closed it, Matt was right about Adam needing to man up and I was happy that made would do something like this for me. I patted James's leg.