Bacon and Eggs

CLAIRE'S POV

I woke up and crinkled my nose at the awful smell. After rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I realised that I could smell burning. I looked over to my right to see an empty space. Owen I thought getting out bed. I walked down stairs to find Owen in the kitchen. All the windows were open and he was using a tea towel to try and fan the smoke away from the smoke alarm. "Oh Owen" I laughed. "I was making breakfast when I forgot about the toast and before I knew it, there was smoke everywhere" His morning voice was sooo sexy. "But I managed to save the bacon and eggs" I don't know why he was smirking but he was. "Why are you smirking?" I couldn't help but smirk back. "I could ask you the same thing" Owen said trying to be clever. I rolled my eyes "Let's eat, I'm starving". I took a seat at the breakfast bar, and Owen dished up my bacon and eggs. "We need to order you some clothes, in the mean time I'll ask Karen if you can borrow some of Scott's. You can't just stay in those boxers all day" I said as Owen poured me some orange juice. I got up to get a fork, "Aren't you hungry?" I asked. There was no reply "Owen" I called out. Owen came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I squealed as he made me jump. "Not for food" He started kissing my neck. A soft moan left my lips and I felt Owen smirked against my skin. "Maybe we should go upstairs" he whispered in my ear and started to lead me back up the stairs. Once we got to the bedroom our lips crashed together desperate for more. Owen pushed me down on the bed and tugged at my over sized t-shirt. "Are you ready?" He said with his trademark smirk on his face.

Later that morning I had a shower and got dress. Karen had dropped some of Scott's clothes round for Owen. "Owen we need to do some internet shopping" I called from the lounge. "Great" his voice was full of sarcasm. I opened the laptop and opened multiple tabs for stores. I was having to pick most of the clothes because Owen showed absolutely no interest in it what so ever.
"Please" Owen said pouting. "No" I said trying not to sound too harsh. "Pretty please" Owen was desperate for some board shorts. "Okay, fine, you can have the board shorts" I knew I was going to regret giving in but Owen had me wrapped round his little finger already. I ordered it then shut the laptop. "So do you wanna go out tonight? Let off some steam" Owen asked. "I suppose it would be good for me" I replied anxiously. "Trust me, it will be fun" he said trying to reassure me. I looked at him with a small smile. I had a lot on my mind, not just about where Owen and I are heading. I had the responsibility of all the deaths in the park, it was all my fault that Mr Masrani and Zara died. It was my fault that my nephews nearly died. My eyes were threatening with tears, I didn't want Owen to see so I put my face in my knees. My attempts with trying to be discreet failed as I let out a huge sob. "Claire?" Owen sounded concerned, "Its all my fault" I stuttered. "Claire it's not your fault" he pulled me close. "It's Dr.Wu's for not telling you what she was capable of, it's also my fault for stepping foot in the paddock, and I shouldn't of let the raptors out" Owen was rocking me back and forth like a small child. "No, Owen it's not your fault" I hiccuped. "Shh, you need to sleep if we're going out tonight" his voice was so gentle. I felt safe with Owen. I slowly felt myself drift off to sleep pressed against him.

A/N: Hey guys, that chapter was probably a bit boring but there is drama in the next one. I've finished my Zach Mitchell fanfic. :))  So this is only writing I'm focusing on, this should mean more updates. :)))
Adios 🌺