Hawaii

CLAIRE POV

Since I spoke to Karen at the duty free, I've been more relaxed. Everything was running smoothly from the moment I boarded the plane to the moment we crammed into the back of one taxi. I was in as much awe as Gray. This was my first time in Hawaii and I was loving it already. The cab was uncomfortable due to humidity. My anti-frizz products were starting to wear off and my hair was beginning to resemble a tired tennis ball.

"Oh. My. Gosh!" The words fell out of Zach's mouth the same way his phone fell out of his hands. All eyes were on him as we heard the clatter of his mobile. We all gawked out the windows like kids gawking at the exhibits at Jurassic World. Before the accident of course. The hotel was breathtaking. It was dark now but it was lit up like a Christmas tree. The taxi came to a slow stop under the canopy. The doorman opened the doors of the taxi and we all clambered out eager to get a better look. Owen thanked the man for his manners. I peered up at bold and bright letters heading lining the entrance. The Grand Wailea. One of Hawaii's finest hotels.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The women at the desk had sun kissed skin and rich brown hair. She kept her eyes on the computer monitor continuing to type rapidly. "Err, yeah. Could we check in please" Owen asked. We were all exhausted from traveling and just wanted to sleep. The only thing keeping us awake were the bright lights coming from the huge chandeliers above us in the lobby. "Ohh, Errm, of course" the receptionist purred at him. Her jaw dropped as soon as saw him. I could feel the jealously building up inside me.
"The name's Grady" Owen smirked, he leant against the desk and winked at the young girl. This made me mimic the girl's jaw. "Oh, yeah. The honeymoon suite¿ and sunset bay suite" the receptionist sounded so confused. I was analysing Owen, awaiting his next move. "I, thought..." the girl mumbled to herself not knowing both Owen and I could hear her.  Yeah, well you thought wrong. I could tell that she thought Owen was into her. I glance from the girl back over to Owen just to be sure. "I forgot to mention, it's part of the Grady-Dearing wedding" Owen said innocently, obviously aware of what was going on. He slid his arms around my waist and kissed the top of my head. The receptionist glared at me with pure hatred but I couldn't care less. I had Owen. She dumped the key cards on desk before returning to the computer.

Owen and I were on the top floor and Karen and the boys got out the elevator on the floor below. I put the key card in door; as Owen was struggling with bags and I only had Olivia. I was so tired I didn't bother to appreciate the suite I headed straight for the bedroom. "Do you need help?" I ask Owen rather guiltily as he started putting up a temporary crib. "No, it fine. Just go to sleep, it's been a long day" He replied. I mumbled a thanks as I set Olivia down in her carrier. I wrapped myself around clean, white sheets and drifted off to sleep.

I awoke from a great sleep to chaos. Olivia was screaming her head off probably due to the person who sounds like they're about to break down the door. "Owen" I spoke hoping he had an explanation. Much to my surprise he was sound asleep!! How??!! "Owen" I snapped trying to wake him. "Yea," he mumbled before rolling out of the bed. THUMP. "Oh my gosh, Owen, are you okay?" I gasped. "I'm good" he replied sitting up. I climbed out of bed to try and calm Olivia down. "Owen, can get the door please" I asked bouncing Olivia up and down. I had only been up for 5 minutes and the day is already a disaster. "Finally! You're up, Mum said we can't go have breakfast until you're ready" I hear Gray call. I walked to the door as Olivia had stopped crying. Owen was just staring at Gray, still half asleep. "Gray, how long have you been knocking?" I asked. "About 3 and half minutes" he said checking his watch. "Errm, okay. We'll be down in 20 minutes" I couldn't believe that he could be bothered to knock on the door for that long. "Okay see you in bit" Gray smiled before heading back to lift.

Owen closed the door, and we both had quick showers. I put on my bikini with a long sun dress over the top. Owen, of course put his board shorts on with a plain white t-shirt. We headed into the elevator feeling a lot more relaxed than first thing this morning.  We reached the lobby, and of course Gray was waiting for us. "Hey, buddy. Where's everyone else?" Owen asked ruffling his hair. "They went to reserve a table, c'mon" Gray replied pulling us along.

Karen had found a table scattered among dozens of others in the grand breakfast hall. "Morning, hoped you slept well. I already ordered for you guys, I hope that's alright¿" Karen chirped as we sat down. "That's fine, thanks" I replied stifling a yawn. Karen had ordered me some fresh fruit and yoghurt. Which I was glad about as it's pretty much the only thing that I'm willing to eat for breakfast. We had general conversation and an extra detailed description of our day ahead from both Gray and Karen. After that we headed out to the pool.

It was only 10:45am and it had to be at least 40 Celsius. Karen and Scott were relaxing in the main pool. Gray and Olivia were in the smaller pool being supervised by Owen. Leaving Zach and I on the sun loungers. I was in my bikini trying to get a well needed tan. Zach had his sun glasses on and was surprisingly reading. It was so cute seeing Owen being so protective over Olivia in my pool. It was quite amusing watching Owen trying to multitask; he was having a splash war with Gray and was constantly trying to shield Olivia, as well as making sure she comfortable in her float. Seeing everyone happy made me feel happy, I couldn't help but smile. I was a little nervous about my parents arriving, they can be so embarrassing and this will be the first time they're meeting Owen's parents. So naturally I'm worried about them making their impressions.

To add to the stress, I've been told that the wedding that to be pushed back a day to make space for a conference or something. Owen said it's a good thing and I guess it is really. It gives our few guests some more time to enjoy island and recover from their journey. At least the hotel were polite enough to pay for any inconveniences that they've cause for the wedding and guests. I decided just to relax and soak up the sun.

A/N: Hey guys, so sorry it's taken me like 3 weeks to update, but I've had so many exams and course work for them it's been almost impossible to write. I was meant to update yesterday as I wrote half of this chapter in chemistry as I had a sub but it deleted itself. Sorry there isn't much Clawen.

Also on a side note, my thoughts go out to anyone who has been effected by the events that occurred on Friday 13th November 🙏🏾

Ciao💖