Seven- Good News and Texts

That boy was in my dream every night I was in Maryland. The second I got home, they stopped. It was weird, like it was almost that he lived in Maryland.

We came home two days later, after we looked at that house. We unpacked and got ready for the next week of boring waiting. I was not excited, but at least it was a good wait, we hope.

The next day •••••

"Mckenzie!! Mckenzie!! Mckenzie!!" My mom screams my name from downstairs. I groan, I'm in the middle of reading a book.

"What?!" I holler back, with a sass in my tone.

"Come down here. Now!" She yells.

I sigh and then finally give in. I stomp downstairs and my mom is practically crying. "What is it?" I ask.

"We. We. We got the house!" My mom laughs.

"You're joking! They said it would be a week!" I smile.

"I just got the email!" My mom says. "Look!"

I look at the computer screen, and she's not joking.

"Dear Susan Lee,

It is my pleasure to announce that you got the house in Odenton, Maryland! We can't wait to have you move in! It is completely ready to move in!

Please email me back at mollyk@realestate.com to start the process. If you have any questions about the area, we've had an offer from katiewhite@youtube.com (the neighbor) to help. We look forward to hearing back from you!

-Molly K
Real Estate in Odenton, MD"

"Mom! We got the house!" I screech. We actually got our dream house!

"Kenz, we did it!" She hugs me. "I'm going to email her back!

"Okay," I reply, and head back up to my room. Thinking about what my new life will be like. I'll have my first boyfriend in Maryland. Woah. (A/N: this is literally what I thought when I moved lol)

I walk into my room and see my phone buzz on my desk. I look down to find this on my home screen: New Message from Caiden Brai.

I open it up. This is what it says:

"Mackenzie Anna Lee. I know that you're really mad at me right now. And you totally should be. I've been a huge jerk since you told me you were moving. It was just too hard for me to accept, and too hard for me to handle. You are my best friend. You know everything about me, and I know everything about you. You're pretty much why I am here, and still breathing. You're the light in my life, and I love you. I just can't believe that my bestest friend, no scratch that, sister, wouldn't be only a few minutes away. It's hard for me to accept, but I understand that you have to move away, and start over. I just hope you won't forget me. I know you probably won't even answer, but I just wish you the best luck in Maryland. You're amazing, and don't ever change. Change the world."

I cry, wishing that I would have had a worse friend that would be easy to say goodbye to. Gosh, I wish I didn't have him right now, just because it's too hard to say goodbye.

I simply sent back, "Thank you. I love you so much. I wish I didn't have to say goodbye. Let's keep in touch."

I already know that he's reading it over and over, smiling and wishing he didn't have to say goodbye either. But I guess it's okay, I'm sure he'll be at every event in my lifetime.

[A/N: Oooh little cliffhanger.... Not really, but I tried lol. And it's too short, I'm sorry. Next chapter I will reward your guys' amazingness with a loooong chapter! Anyways...Thank you for reading chapter SEVEN! I hope you are enjoying this book, and sorry I haven't been updating frequently, I'm going through a writer's block and I've started planning out a new story that I hope to start publishing next month! AND HOLD UP 200 READS?!?!?! Like, two chapters ago I was on 100 reads, AND NOW 200?! You guys are awesome! I would love to chat with you guys, so comment or private message me whenever and I'll try to get back to you! And for my bratayley fans: I haven't watched the vlogs for like a week bc I have had NO TIME. So like I'm kinda sad bc no bratayley... RIGHT?! :') love yaaaa]