Chapter Eight

(Levi's POV)

In the middle of the night a loud crash woke me up. It sounded like glass breaking. In one fluid motion I got up and grabbed my gun. Eren was also awake now and was looking at me wondering what's happening.

"Eren, you should stay here." I have no idea what happened and it might be nothing, but I have a bad feeling that it isn't the case. It sounded like the noise came from the lobby of the resort.

"We should probably go together. Two is better than one." The boy was still half asleep. Until a scream coming from the same direction that the crash came from scared both of us wide awake. "Levi what the hell was that?!"

"Eren please just stay here and lock the door. I will be back soon." Before he could try to argue with me I left and started walking toward the direction of the scream. I made it to the lobby in a few seconds. One of the windows was broken. That can't be good.

"Levi, what happened?" Erwin was coming down the staircase in the lobby from the second floor.

"I don't know, but I think we might have a big problem." I motioned my head toward the broken door. "We should get Marco, Jean, Eren, and Petra. The plan might not be able to wait until tomorrow."

"Okay, but what about the scream?"

"I'll check it out. You should go get Jean, Marco, and Eren." Erwin handed me a flashlight and then started going down the hallway I just walked in from. Petra's room was in a different hallway. I had a bad feeling it was her that screamed which is why I wanted Eren to stay in the room; they were friends and if something happened to her I wouldn't want him to see that. I started getting closer to her room and I still didn't see any zombies; the window was broken so something had to have gotten inside. When I got to her room the door was open a little bit. "Petra?" I said in almost a whisper. I didn't get an answer so I started slowly opening the door; I was being very cautious because zombies could be anywhere now. As the door opened I could see most of the room, and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. I took a few steps inside and looked at the bed. No one was in this room. Hopefully she's fine. I exited the room and started down the hallway again.

(Eren's POV)

Levi is crazy if he thinks I will stay in this room. I am not going to let him go investigate by himself when something bad could have happened. So I grabbed my axe and walked out of the room to try and find him.

(Levi's POV)

After walking down the hallway a little more I started to see what looked like dirt. I couldn't see much with the small flashlight that Erwin had given me, but I could see something at the end of the hallway. I raised the gun and pointed it at the end of the hallway. I started walking slower and as I got closer I could tell that whatever was at the end of the hallway was multiple figures. Whatever it was that was at the end of the hallway I knew I wasn't going to like it, but I needed to know what it was. When I finally got close enough I could see what was there I wished that I had just turned around and left like I wanted too. I had found Petra; she was being ripped apart by three zombies. There was blood everywhere and her intestines were all over the hallway. She had blood coming out of her mouth and her eyes were glazed but looked like they were staring into my soul. The sight made my blood run cold. This wasn't the first time I saw someone I know get killed by those things but it isn't something anyone could get used to. I couldn't move for what felt like hours but was only a few seconds. Once I was able to move again the first thing I did was shoot each one of those things in the head. I had started running to catch up to everyone so we could leave here already. It didn't take me long to get to the room with the door we planned on using to leave. When I got there I could tell something was off.