Prologue.

"Today's the day..." I quietly said to myself. I took a deep breath before slowly opening the air vent cover in front of me. The moment the opening was big enough for me to get through I crawled towards the desk opposite. I peered over the top. There were only 3 guards in the room with me. An all time low from what I'd seen before. I took one last long breath. "Now is your chance, Charlotte." I muttered to myself "You can do this." And with that last little confidence boost, I began to tiptoe past the three large, armour-covered guards around me.

After a good few minutes of sneaking around the security room, I'd managed to get to the entrance of second room with surprising ease. How they didn't see or hear me I'll never know. I wasn't exactly the quietest of people. I checked around the room and shot into the next room. I closed the door, the guards still oblivious to my presence. The second, slightly smaller room was empty. I wiped my forehead with my sleeve. I looked around the room. There it was. The mesh gate. Exactly how my mother described it. I ran over towards the gate, pulled the wire cutters from my pocket and began cutting away at the metal in front of me.

In a matter of minutes I'd cut a hole almost big enough for me to climb through. "One last snip should do it..." I thought out loud. I cut through the last bit of mesh as well as part of my hand. "Ow!" I loudly spat. That's when the three guards noticed and swiftly began making their way into the room. All of a sudden I felt a body slam into me, pushing through the opening I'd just created in the gate. I sharply stood up and looked at the area I'd just been shoved into. A corridor. That was when I heard the mesh behind me shake vigorously. I jumped around. The tall figure that had just helped me was being repeatedly slammed against the gate. I quickly approached the mesh in an attempt to help the stranger who helped me. He frantically grabbed my hand.

"Run." He hissed.

~ Author's Note ~

Hello!

I hope you've enjoyed the prologue and enjoy the rest of this book. Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Thank you.