Ten.

I yawned a 'Good night, Uncle Jack' as he vacated the landing and left me and Asher alone.

We hadn't been alone together since Asher had tried to kiss me. We stood in the doorway of our room just staring at each other. This was the first awkward moment we had together and I hated every second of it. I couldn't stand the silence any longer so I spun around on the spot and walked into the bedroom. I sat on the edge of the bed. Half of me wanted him to sleep somewhere else to avoid more awkward silences, the other half wanted him to share the room with me so I wasn't alone. After fifteen minutes of alone time, it was apparent Asher had found another room to sleep in. I crawled across the bed and closed the curtains surrounding the window above the headboard of my parent's old bed. I took off my thick burgundy jumper and replaced my black jeans with my mom's faux blue silk pyjama bottoms. I pulled the vest I still had on, over the pyjama bottoms and got underneath the duvet. I sighed as I lay down and pulled the duvet right up to my chin. It was so nice to sleep in an actual bed again.

Just before I drifted off to sleep, the door opened and let in a thin line of light in from the landing. I watched with one eye open as the familiar figure made its way into the room and closed the door. The figure moved almost silently to the right side of the bed. By this point, it was apparent the figure was Asher. Apparently, I was wrong about him finding somewhere else to sleep. His shadowy figure then removed his shirt and trousers, leaving himself in just his underwear. I turned from my right side to my left as he raised his side of the duvet and crawled into bed next to me. I searched under the covers for his hand. We interlocked our fingers as he shuffled closer to me. Once our foreheads were touching, he let go of my hand. He switched off the light next to the bed before snaking his arms around my waist and sweetly kissing my forehead.

~ Author's Note ~

Don't forget to vote and comment :)