He proposes but you say no.

Harry: "I can't." You sigh, looking down at Harry on one knee, a ring held out for your finger. He stands quickly as though he's trying to forget that he just proposed. He doesn't say anything about it, feeling as though he's not good enough for you. Still you explain to him. "I need you to get my dad's permission first. I know that's old fashioned and unnecessary maybe but it would mean a lot to me." You tell him, shocked as he pulls out his phone right there, scheduling to meet with your father the next day.

Louis: "I'm just not ready." You spill, tears flowing from your eyes as you reject the one person you've become closest to in the world, Louis. His emotions are all over the place, not knowing how to handle the rejection and also wanting to comfort you as you cry. "Don't cry. It's okay if you're not ready." He pulls you in for a hug. Still needing to confirm to him why you pull away, your hands still holding each other at arm's length. "You know about my past and it still scares me. I want to be completely secure in our relationship before we get married." He nods at your response, pulling you back to him, his lips to your ear. "Don't worry babe. We've got forever."

Niall: He stands walking away from you, out of your home, and momentarily out of our life, leaving you in tears with no chance to explain why you've said no to his proposal. You wait all night, lying away in your agony, waiting with the thought that he may never return. It's the next morning when you find him there, haven fallen asleep before he returned. You work, kissing him until he was awake as well. "I'm sorry." He apologizes. You shush him with another kiss, looking down into the eyes of the guy you love. "I wasn't saying no fully. I was saying let's wait, just until you have downtime from work. I don't want to plan a wedding alone. I want you here every step of the way." You mumble against his lips. "So no, but later?" He asks, your nod confirming your plans to marry him in the future.

Liam: He doesn't understand why you won't marry him, thinking that after being in a relationship for nearly four years that you'd be ready to take that step with him, ready for forever. He furrows his brow, slamming the box that holds the ring he got for you shut. "Do you not want to be with me?" He questions, thinking through his own possible reasons why you would reject him. "Liam, there's still so much we need to learn about each other I think. Do you love me?" You ask him. "Of course I do. I wouldn't be proposing if I didn't." He replies. You nod. "If you love me, marriage will change nothing but my name. It won't change how much we love each other." You remind him. "I love you too."

Zayn: "No?" He raises his eyebrows at first. You've never refused him anything but now you're denying him your hand in marriage. "No." You repeat, watching every emotion he feels stretch across his face: shock, anger and finally sadness. You cup his face in your hands, a rejected look on his face. "I just don't think we're ready yet. There's still so much we have to learn about each other." You tell him, hoping to make him feel better. You touch the black velvet box he holds in his hand. "Keep this and when the time is right my answer will be different, but not now." You assure him, kissing his cheek as he still looks unhappy, hurt that you refused him of the most important thing in his life.