Chapter 6

Riley's POV
I shiver as I walk into the school, I haven't been here since the shooting.
I put it behind me as we all start walking where we know she'll be. The cafeteria.
Just as we're right outside the doors Maya and Lucas stop.
"Riley are you sure you can do this?"
Lucas asked grabbing on to me hand. Without replying I push through the doors.
I see Lauren with the same gun she shot me with. The gun she shot everyone with. But that wasn't the worst part. I see a tied up Josh on the right side of me.
"Well what took you so long, the party just started" Lauren said smirking.
Maya's POV
My eyes filled with tears. He looked so broken.
"JUST FUCKING LET HIM GO LAUREN!" I say as my sadness turns into anger.
"Oh sweetie you shouldn't talk like that to someone who has the gun up to your little boyfriends head" She says the smirk not leaving her face.
I start running towards her to tackle her. Lucas quickly grabs me.
"Take one more step an the bullet with go straight through his brain" She says without hesitation.
I look over at Josh he is trying to stay strong but you can tell in his eyes he's terrified.
If I had the chance to switch places with him, I'd do it without hesitation.
I stop fighting Lucas and he let's go.
"What's your deal Lauren?" Riley said as strength came over her.
"What's my deal? What's MY DEAL?! YOU RUINED MY LIFE! YOUR FATHER WAS GOING TO LEAVE TOPANGA FOR ME UNTIL SHE GOT PREGNANT." she pauses as she calms down. "With you."
Riley's POV
"Your insane" Lucas says as Lauren takes the gun and points it at him.
"ALL MY LIFE I'VE BEEN TOLD I'M INSANE! THEY DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF INSANE! THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH!" Lauren said as tears streamed down her face.
"Then take it out on me." I say.
"Just kill me"
"Riley no!" Lucas and Maya say.
"Riley if I wanted to kill you I would have. There's a reason I didn't shoot you in the heart that day. I wanted you to feel the pain I did. So I hurt who you care about most. Your family." She said with evil filling her eyes.
"And that's why no matter what you said I was gonna do this."
"She points the trigger straight at Josh's head.
"NO" Maya screams
Click.
Josh's body sits their lifelessly.
Anger takes over Maya as she screams and tackles Lauren to the floor.
Lucas and I are frozen.
I watch as the gun slides across the floor to the other side of the room.
I finally wake up and run over to it.
I grab it it my hand as Lucas quickly grabs Maya away from Lauren.
"It ends here." I say as I'm about to hit the trigger.
Suddenly pain comes over me and I scream in agony.
I fall to the ground.
________________________________