Hola Mr Barakat

Alex's POV

'You live here?', Ashton asked me, as I nodded slowly, confused as to why he sounded so happy about that.

'Yeah... So?'

'Oh, nothing, it's just really close to my house, that's all', he explained as I pushed down on the door handle and allowed us inside, just as my mum was leaving the house.

'Honey, I have to do a night shift, someone called in sick at the last minute- oh, who's this?', she said looking at Ashton.

'That's Ash'

'Oh, hey Ash! Is it hi or hey nowadays, what's cool?', she rambled as I could feel myself blushing due to her embarrassment.

'Mum, you have to go to work. Leave. Please?', I almost pleaded with her, to save myself from any further cringe worthy moments.

'Alright, alright, I'm goin'. You can invite Jack over to stay, and Ash can if he wants to. I've left 40 dollars for food, bye, I love you my pr-'

I shut the door in her face, before she could rattle off her many nicknames which should belong to a five year old, not a seventeen year old guy.

'Sorry 'bout her, she's a bit... Eccentric'

'Don't worry, she seems fine to me', Ashton replied, as I motioned for him to follow me into the living room.

'So can you stay over?', I asked Ashton, hoping the answer would be yes. I'd like to get to know him a bit more, and it would be some different company rather than my usual people.

'I-I don't know? Do you want me to or...'

'I do, otherwise I wouldn't have asked you. I'll just phone Jack, he'll come over for sure. Why don't you go call your parents', ask if you can stay here tonight?'

'Okay... Can I go outside to take it?'

'Sure, go ahead', I said as I scrolled down my contacts to Jack's name. I listened to a few dial tones and within ten seconds, he picked up.

'Hello Mr Gaskarth'

'Hola, Mr Barakat'

'Are you phoning to say how much you missed me in school today? Cause I missed you too', he said, as I rolled my eyes at him through my phone.

'I was gonna ask you if you can come around to my house? Mum's working a night shift last minute, so she said I can have you round'

'What's in it for me?'

'Pizza'

'Okay, I'm coming! I'll be ten minutes', he said, hanging up instantly, as Ashton walked back inside the house.

'So... Yes or no?'

'My dad never answered his phone, he barely ever does, so I don't know...', he trailed off, sounding unsure as to whether or not he should stay or go.

'Phone your mum then?'

'My mum's kind of...not alive anymore so, I... Uh...'

'Shit, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. At all. See that's why you need to stay tonight. So I can learn these things, and know not to bring them up. I'm sorry.'

'No, it's... It's okay, I guess, I mean- you didn't know'

'Well, I'm sorry. I am. Jack's coming round, by the way'

'I'll stay. My dad won't mind, I'll just text him later', ashton announced whilst I picked up the forty dollars off the coffee table.

'Okay, good! You don't have a change of clothes, obviously, so you can borrow some of mine. If you want to?'