Chapter Five

Someone must be looking out for me because the trees did catch most of the water. I'd only get wet a little bit every so often when it dropped from a leaf that had collected to much, but I continued to run. I felt like I was trying to free myself. It felt like flying with the tree flying by me. The sound of the rain hitting  the leaves and the crunch of the fallen twigs and leaves under my foot. I love Autumn.

I had ran some miles before I felt the eyes on me again. I stopped, but continued to walk and looked around and there he was standing between two evergreens. It was the white wolf that had watched me through my window on my first night in this city it was starring at me once again with the same bright green eyes.

The wolf and I held eye contact as I continued to keep walking. We were so engrossed in looking at each other I tripped over a root. Not only was this root over a ditch, but it was a ditch full of rain water and if course I fell. Why wouldn't I have fallen.

I tumbled down the hill hitting previously fallen tree branches and into the enormous puddle that was like a cold bath that included mud, leaves,and twigs.With me sitting in it, it went up to my chest with my knees sticking out.

I'm not to keen on swearing, but I do use it in certain situations. This was one of them when I let curses and f bombs fly.

I got up shivering and climbed up the hill making me muddy. The wolf was gone and I realized how tired I was.
I was in the middle of nowhere cold, wet, furious, and a lot more emotions that I didn't dare let out.

Crack!

And now there's lighting...great. I stomped toward the direction where I thought my house was I was pissed. So help me if there isn't power or hot water at the house someone is going to die.

««««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»

So it turns out that the electricity is out which means no power and no water. So instead of taking a hot shower ,that fantasized the whole cold and wet walk home, I rubbed my self down with one of my towels and put comfy clothes on.
My hair is another story I tried to dry it as much as I could, but ended up putting it up into a bun.

My mom still hasn't come home...which is typical. I grab some logs from the front porch and throw them into the fireplace, which conveniently has the best couch in the house across from it. While trying to start the fire the lights came back on. To be honest I was like disappointed, I was a little excited to have a cozy night in without electricity, but now I get to shower.

I decide to to take a shower then turn off all the lights and still have a cozy night. I grab my towel and basically prance to the bathroom. Turning the handle on I jump in and watch as the mud runs off me and down the drain. After seeing that I decide to shampoo and conditioner really, really well.

I step out of the shower and into the steaming room. I dry my hair and myself with my towel. The cold air hit me after opening the door to the hallway. With my socks on my feet I decide it would be a bad idea for me to run on the hardwood floor, but sliding I can do.

As I "slid" down the stairs and into the kitchen I nearly fell only 10 times and hitting my hip 3, but sides that I made it down the stairs a-okay.

Unexpectedly my stomach growled to be fed. I turn the radio on and dance around the kitchen. I get the pot out and with it in my hands I decide to make spaghetti and hot chocolate.

Turning on the stove and putting the pot full of water in it to boil I microwave a cup of milk. My phone began to ring at the same time as my cup of ,now, warm milk was done.

"Yello, This is Gwen Mason speaking how May I help you."

"Hi, honey this is Mom I'm going to be much later than expected," she sighed then added," I wish I could come home and talk about your first day it's just..."

I cut her off and my heart went out to my mom. It's been hard on her being a single parent after my dad disappeared. One day he was at my karate class and showing me pointers and next thing gone. We're not sure if he left us or just flat out disappeared, but I knew he loved my mom and me.

"Mom it's fine, I'll just tell you later...or I could stay up for you," I said teasingly.

She laughed, I laughed it when she laughed. It was so angelic and beautiful," No, you have school tomorrow and I want you to show up the local kids."

This got me to laugh as I poured the hardened noodles into the now boiling water," Trust me mom I can do that in my sleep after all I ask your daughter."

"You are aren't you," she laughed," Hey, since tomorrow is Friday we can have a movie night if you want. You know a girl's night in."

"I don't know I just have SO many friends now I'm going to have to check my schedule," I rely sarcastically as I jumped on to the counter top and sit crossed legged. If mom saw me she would've scolded me to get down

"Okay so I'll take that as a yes and feel free to bring a friend...if you have any," a voice behind her tells me that the conversation was going to be cut short,"Honey, I got to go, but I love you and good night."

I reply with love and goodnight as well and then we hang up. Silence filled the kitchen again and I decided that wasn't okay because silence is deadly (quoted tøp). After jumping down from the counter top I turn on music on my phone and grabbed the cocoa to pour into my boiling hot milk.

As I sang along to the song that was playing I drained my spaghetti noodles in the sink I heard a backfire of a car. Which is odd since my mom shouldn't be home yet. I ran to the front door to see a figure next to its car that was in the side of my drive way. The drive way was about 400-500 meters to the front door and through the rain I couldn't make out who it was all I knew was that it had kicked it's car with frustration several times before walking in the houses direction.

Squealing I ran back to the kitchen and passed planned on acting like I saw nothing and waited for the knock on the door. I sat back on to the kitchen counter top with my freshly made spaghetti and hot chocolate.

I began to think the stranger wasn't coming to the house because it was taking forever. Finally after what felt like decades a knock was heard. I got up with my hot chocolate and walked over to the front door and opened it.

It was a boy, if you call a six and a half foot man a boy. He was so soaked to the bone. He was shivering with his hands in his pockets. The fabric of his pain black shirt clung to him showing off his abs and a necklace made it of leather. His hoodie hung with the extra weight of the rain water. What really startled me was what was under his deep brown hair that was dripping with water. His eyes were like green lightning bolts, bright and dangerous looking.

Removing my hand from the door and put it on my cup of hot chocolate with my hand I asked with a friendly smile,"Hello, may I help you?"

He looked into my eyes then at the floor with a little laugh and before showing he ran his hand through his dripping wet hair,"Hi, I got lost and then my car broke down on your driveway,"he said motioning behind him.

Giving a little laugh I stepped in,"Would you like to us the phone,"then looked him up and down,"and dry off and warm up."

He gave me a smile that looked like a million dollarsand sighed,"That would be amazing."

He followed me into the house and closed the door behind him.