Chapter Three

I woke up to a annoying beeping. I moved my hand to turn it off, but something pulled on my hand and my sheets weren't my sheets and my head pounded so much and hurt like crazy.

I sat up to find myself in a small white room, a hospital room. Mom was passed out on chairs that looked really uncomfortable. I saw Lisa and Andrew out of the window that showed the hustle and bustle of the hospital.

"Oh, Gwenny," my mom had woken up and walked toward where I was laying. She had started to cry and my heart broke for her.

"Right, water the doctor said you might want some," my mom said to herself as she went to go get a doctor and wiped away her tears as she walked away.

I still had no clue what happened. Then it all came racing back the flames, the smoke, the eyes. The one question that now gnawing at my stomach was that I had no remembrance of escaping the fire. Hot tears started to fall down my cheek and a giant hot knot formed in my throat.

The door opened and I had expected to see my mother, but it was the doctor. He looked like a typical doctor brown hair with grey stands, glasses, and actually quite tall and muscular. He looked like he was in his mid-30's or so.

"You must be the lucky girl. Not everyday someone survives a fire like that. I'm Dr. Lockwood," he was a smiley doctor and then looked down on the clipboard he had in his doctor looking hand,"It looks like the only injures you had was stiches, one or two burns, and smoke intake. Besides that you're okay."

I tried to reply I really did, but it came out as a rasp and hurt...a lot.

Dr. Lockwood had a panicked look on his face, then realization," I am incredibly sorry I forgot to bring you water."

Right at that moment I kid you not my mom walked in with a glass of water in one hand and a steaming cup of coffee.

"Hello Doctor, I hope I'm not interrupting," my mom is the most polite being and it gets agitating sometimes.

"No, it's perfectly timed. I was just about to leave," he smiled to both of us and then just left.

Mom walked over to me and handed me my water. I drank it right away and it was gone within a minute.

"Mom, when can we go home?" The rasp in my voice was still there, but I can at least talk now.

"They told me once you woke up and then have you sleep some more then we can leave."

"That's really complicated."

"I know sweetie, but..." my mom's voice broke which broke me down and had little tears coming down," Honey we don't have a home it gone to ash."

How in the good Lord's name did I forget about that.

==================================================

Two Weeks Later

The new house isn't as big as our old house and is three hours away from my friends. Which means new school, new clothes, new everything. I don't like new.

"Gwen, honey, I have to go to the new Law Firm," She walked out of the house with her new suit and heels."They want to talk and such. I might be home late, but you can surely buy pizza if you want to."

Money wasn't an issue and neither was finding a job for my mom. She was a top ranked lawyer and now works for a law firm in a town surrounded by a huge forest. The forest is nice it reminds me of my real home.

I walked into the house with my last box of new school supplies as my mom drove out of the driveway and onto the road surrounded by trees.

It was eerily quite. I walked straight to the kitchen and set the box onto the kitchen table and grabbed a sandwich I had made earlier. Still feeling unsettled I ran to my room and locked the door behind me.

My new bedroom was a bit smaller, but I'd have to admit I liked it more. It had a slope because the slope of the roof and had a window with a seat built into it. The window faced the back of the house and into the woods.

I sat on my bed ,which was across the window, and looked out into the darkening woods. I saw a flash of something in the woods. Next thing I knew I was struggling to open the window.

I stopped and froze. I felt eyes on me and yet I could see anyone or anything. I strained to try and see something, but there was nothing to see at all. The beating of my hear drained the sound of the wind blowing through the trees.

I sat back and had my back relax against the wall and the window to my side and still looking out it. I could still feel the eyes on me.

"Wait a second, I'm just being paranoid," I thought to myself.
It's a new house and in a new town.

I grabbed my phone and and texted Lisa about the new house and how I missed her. She didn't respond right away like she usually did.

I then texted Andrew. He usually doesn't respond right away, but oddly enough he called me.

"Hey what's up man?"

"Not much just wanted to see how you're doing."

That was my queue to rant so of course I start ranting. I rant about the house and having to start a new school and the whole new everything.

"Not so good eh?"

"Actually I do like my room."

"Well at least you like something, but I do have to go to bed because unlike you I have to go to school tomorrow morning."

"Well Nightie Night."

"Good night."

Then we hung up and I was all alone again. I looked out the window and finally saw the eyes that where on me. It was a white wolf. It had the brightest green eyes I've ever seen. We looked at each other for a full minute the turn and ran into the forest.

My heart was then ripped out of me. I just realized that i never see Raven again and it just killed me. My first night at my new house and I cried myself asleep. Crying is quite exhausting.