He Arrives

Months pass and there hasn't been any other signs of the Boogie Man and things have been relatively peaceful minus the few raids from stupid pirates. Astrid has been showing the last three months and people finally figured out what is going on. The gang has been congratulating them for the big step in life and has been patiently waiting for the little Haddock to come into the world of vikings and dragons.

"How're you holding up, m'lady?" Hiccup asks his wife while holding her hand as she lays in bed.

"I'm doing fine, you dork," she smiles as she squeezes his hand. Hiccup tucks the covers in around Astrid before calling Toothless to meet him outside.

"I'll be back when I'm done for the day," Hiccup tells her.

"Focus on your job, Hiccup. Don't worry about me. Your mother can do that."

"As you wish m'lady," Hiccup kisses her hand.

************

Hiccup goes about the day with his normal routine, disputing arguments as a middle mad, compromising with dragons so they live peacefully, going out with hunting parties to make sure Berk is stocked for the coming winter, and anything else that would come up that day. He holds a meeting that day for a possible attack that Trader Yohan told him about.

"Alright, I want opinions on what to do. Spitelout?" he asks his uncle.

"I honestly think we shouldn't worry. We have dragons, they don't. There's no way they could defend from an aerial attack," he says.

"Aye, but what if they can? I say that we use the dragons as a distraction, then charge forward with a frontal assault and take them out that way," his son adds.

"I say just wipe them out the fastest way we can, a dragon attack," Astrid chimes in.

"Any one of those plans can work or fail..." Hiccup says. "I'm gonna need to think about this." He convenes the War Council.

Hiccup takes Astrid's hand in his and they head home. Astrid kisses his cheek and talk to him about the day and how his mother has been so helpful with taking care of her and keeping her healthy. Hiccup talks about how his day and what all he did in Berk and for the dragons. Toothless and Stormfly come up and nudge their riders.

"Looks like they want to go fly," Astrid says. "But it's a shame I can't.." she adds sadly. Stormfly picks up on her tone and gives her a nudge, almost looking like she's smiling.

"You're about due, my mother said," Hiccup tells Astrid. "So soon we can go riding again," Hiccup smiles.

"That would be so nice," Astrid giggles.

************

Fire was all around Hiccup. He screams out for Astrid and Toothless, but nothing comes out of his mouth. He rubs at his skin, but he continues to burn and itch from the flames licking at his skin.

He runs around his house, trying to find a way out. He pulls at each door, but the doorknobs soon burn his hands and he has to let go. He screams out once again but to no avail. Then something screams out, shaking the house.

"I told you, I will always be here," an evil chuckle is heard.

"No! You were gone for months!" Hiccup screams out, finally able to talk. "We haven't seen any sign of you!"

"Because I didn't want you too," the voice says.

"I will find you! And I will stop you!" Hiccup screams out.

"You need to do something first..." the voice says as a flaming beam wakes Hiccup up from his nightmare.

Hiccup jumps awake, the Boogie Man floating in the air above him. He holds a sleeping Astrid in the air, suspended by black sand. He has an evil smirk, his black eyes adding to the sinister look.

"Let go of her!" Hiccup growls out as he lunges out for her but grabs nothing but sand.

Hiccup falls to the floor, scouring it for any sign of a loose board he could pry off and follow. He knows it's useless though because he built the house and he knows everything is solid and sturdy.

"No no no no no no no!" he growls. He scratches at the wood, almost starting to leave marks. "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" he screams out in pain at the loss of his love.