Chapter 17: Saturdays

*JULIET'S POV*

"Saturday, what a day, what a silly little day. Time to kill, take a pill, as I sit and contemplate..." I hummed the rest of the song as I boiled some hot water in a tiny little kettle for my afternoon tea.

It was raining very hard outside and the skies were pretty dark which made the atmosphere kind of gloomy.

Now this is my kind of weather. Dark and gloomy, just like my life.

As I poured the hot water in the teapot, Harold appeared right beside me.

"What are you making?" He asked.

"Tea. Want some?"

"No, thank you." He politely declined.

"What? You afraid that I put some poison in it?" I scoffed.

"I want to talk to you about Cher." He swiftly changes the subject.

"Here we go..."

"Now I understand that you want to become a part of this world but truthfully speaking, you're just a parasite and nothing more." He bluntly said.

"So you're on her side now?" I arched a brow.

"No. It's just that I find you more annoying compared to her."

"Here's a letter from Cher." He handed me a fancy envelope.

I quickly ripped it open, completely agitated.

"Dear Juliet, you should give me my body back full time or else... wait, this is your handwriting." I glared at Harold.

"No, it isn't." He tried to deny the obvious.

"I remember reading your prescription note with the EXACT handwriting. How stupid do you think I am?" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, fine. The letter's completely my idea but I'm sure she'd want the same thing anyway so it doesn't really matter."

"She needs me more than you think, doc and this is between Cher and I so I suggest that you back the f*** off." I slammed the letter on the table.

"You're right. You're just a 'defense mechanism' and I'm going to find out the rest of the story of how you came to be!" I heard him say as I stomped my way out of there.

What a way to ruin a perfect Saturday.

******

"Did you miss me already?" Luke said when I came down the lab.

"Perhaps I should do something with your mouth to shut you up?"

"Oh you can do ANYTHING alright." The guy wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ew. I'm not going to kiss you if that's what you're thinking so dream on!" I grabbed a duct tape to shut the guy up once and for all.

"I'm going to have to hate you now. This is such a turn off---"

"Why didn't I think of that?" Zach appeared out of nowhere.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"The bathroom. Why? Am I in trouble?" He looked rather confused.

"Yeah, you are. Meet me at my room by midnight and you'll get your punishment." I whispered on his ear before walking out of the room.

I have my ways of getting back at Cher. I know for a fact that she hates it when I sleep around...

*ZACH'S POV*

"What did I do wrong this time?" I thought out loud.

By midnight, I swung by at her room just like she said and when I opened her door, I found Juliet doing a sexy pose on the bed with just her underwear on.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

"Am I hallucinating?"

"I'm giving you what you want. This is what you want, right?" She said in a seductive tone.

I slowly shut the door behind me and carefully locked it.

Whatever I did wrong, I'd like to get 'punished' more often.

~THE NEXT DAY~

*CHER'S POV*

I woke up completely sore for some reason and as soon as Zach walked out of the bathroom with just a towel around his waist, I immediately knew what happened last night.

"Morning, sunshine." The guy grinned.

I think it's the first time that I've seen him half-naked with tattoos all over his upper body.

"I, uh, need to use the bathroom. Would you mind tossing me my shirt, please?"

"Didn't think you could say the 'p' word but here you go." Zach tossed me my shirt.

"And um, this never happened." I blurted out.

"Got it."

"Really? You're okay with my denial?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah, I mean, it was all just for pleasure, right? I respect that." He shrugs.

I guess he's just as cold as Juliet. They're a perfect match.

"OH MY GOD. MY HAIR'S BLUE! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!" I got a glimpse of my own strange reflection as soon as I got to the bathroom.

"Ages ago. You slept with the same hair color, remember?" I heard Zach say.

"I am SO going to get her back for this!" I said to myself.

First, she sleeps with a cold-blooded killer using my very own body and then this?!

******

"Who were you talking with on the phone just now?" I asked Zach when I got out of the bathroom.

"You know, that bloke who's going to pay for Tomlinson's ransom."

"When's the exchange going to happen?"

"Tonight. There's not much of an 'exchange' that's going to go down though." He says.

"What do you mean?"

"Because I'm going to kill Tomlinson as soon as we get the money. The guy knows our faces so yeah..."

"But that's not fair."

"Life never is." Zach grimaced.

I've got to do something about this!

******

"You knew?!" After telling Harry what Zach was going to do to Luke, he just admits that he knows about it!

"Whatever it takes, Cher. Whatever it takes."

"You really have changed." I said in a low voice.

And now it's only up to me to do something humane.

Right after dinner, I sneaked into the lab to try and save the rich guy.

"Listen very carefully, I'm giving you the chance to escape and you better do it fast, you got me?" I removed the duct tape from his mouth.

"Um, are you bipolar or something?" Luke asked as I quickly untied his hands.

"That's not important. They're going to kill you one way or another so---"

"You should come with me then." He placed both of his hands on either side of my face.

"I can't. You have to go NOW." I pointed to the window.

I sneaked out of the lab in order to stall Zach to give Luke more time to get as far away from here as possible.

It's the right thing to do.

I mean, anyone with a conscience would do the exact same thing as I did and sadly, I'm the only one who has that.