Rooter

Author: TeiranSmith16

Status: Completed

Rating: 9/10

At twenty one, Sophie has already endured enough pain and heartache to last two lifetimes. All she wants to do is create a nice, normal, comfortable life for herself. She goes to college, works part-time, and leads a quiet, ordinary routine. So why is she so obsessed with Rooter, the alleged "vicious criminal" next door? She watches as he comes and goes. Watches him play with his pitbull. Watches him hang out in his backyard with other alleged criminals.

    After Sophie is attacked by her roommate, Mike, Rooter swoops in to her defense. She quickly falls for Rooter, though he makes it perfectly clear she's better off not knowing him. He's the worst kind of guy. Dangerous. And she is a good girl who deserves better. To Sophie's chagrin, Rooter adamantly tries to put distance between them.

    When a pair of dangerous thugs break into her house and assault her in the middle of the night, Rooter comes to her rescue yet again. She is elated when Rooter finally confesses his feelings and stakes his claim on her. They embark on a passionate relationship, but his deep, dark secrets, controlling tendencies, and crazy, pregnant ex-friend-with-benefits threaten to tear them apart.

    Just when it seems things can't get any worse, Sophie is accused of a brutal crime pitting Rooter against her. And when she gets attacked yet again, Rooter isn't there to stop it.