Chapter Four

A/N: Thanks to everyone who voted. I think you like this story but I'm yet to see a single comment. Come on now, don't be shy. I really, really, really need some feedback. I'm starting to think of merging the two books because it would just make one epic love story but I won't know what you guys like unless you tell me. Anyway, here's another one. Hope you enjoy it. Please vote and comment! :) 

BTW: For some reason, this story went from PG13 to Restricted and I didn't put it there so I don't know. Does Wattpad do that automatically if it senses more mature content? Do people need to follow me to read it?

***

No surprise, I had trouble sleeping.

Whenever I shut my eyes, my moment at the beach with Sebastian replayed in my head in scorching, vivid detail.

I didn’t have incredible memory but I was certain I’d never forget what happened that night for the rest of my life.

It was almost sunrise when I managed to drift off.

I must’ve forgotten to set my alarm because when I woke up, the sunlight filtering through the shutters was already glaringly bright and hot on the skin.

I groaned when I checked my cellphone and saw it was well past noon.

I dragged myself out of bed and went for a quick shower. 

I stood in front of the vanity in my underwear drying my hair and I couldn’t help staring at my body, trying to identify the lustful creature who started the fire and got burned with Sebastian last night.

At the memories, a warm ache started between my legs and I briskly turned to shake the sensation away.

“Sebastian.” My voice quivered at his name and I wondered if he’d stayed up the night thinking about what had happened. A part of me hoped he did, seeing how strained he was last night, but a voice in my head made a quick, harsh reminder that he must’ve touched and kissed a ton of women that way before—women like Aurora who probably didn’t quiver and plead like a fumbling virgin. 

We had to talk. 

I had an answer I needed to give.

I couldn’t help a short, dry laugh as I walked back to my room and dressed in denim cut offs and a tank top. 

Three weeks ago, I had absolutely resented being foisted on the arrogant, blatantly seductive man who crudely told me the true reason I was in Cobalt Bay. I swore I would pass the summer as distant from him as possible. 

Now all I wanted was to spend every summer night in his bed.

I was amazed at the ease with which I made the decision.

Seventeen years of level-headedness and restraint came to an end the moment he claimed my soul with a mind-blowing kiss. The rest that followed had just been simple inevitability.

I went downstairs to the kitchen where Bart was handing out slices of his freshly baked cherry tart to Mrs. Simmons and Danny, the driver. 

“There you are, dear,” Bart greeted with a broad smile, gesturing me to take a seat around the prep table. “We were wondering if you weren’t feeling well at all today.”

I blushed and smiled. “I had a hard time falling asleep. Sorry. I forgot to set my alarm.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Mrs. Simmons said, passing me a plate and fork. “You’re a guest here. If you want to sleep in, by all means do. Now, would you like some of this tart or some lunch?”