Chapter 8

Sasuke Says.

September 22nd, 10:42

Itachi wasn't sure whether to be confused or angry when he went to check on Sasuke and found his bed empty. It didn't take a genius to know where he was, and the older Uchiha slammed open the basement door, the laughter below having died instantly at the sound.

"Essyu. Come upstairs."

"It'll take me a minute."

Itachi's eyes narrowed. "Upstairs. Now."

"I never said I wasn't coming, I said it would take me a minute," his brother snapped.

Scowling, Itachi started down the stairs and saw Sasuke halfway towards him. He was walking slowly, shuffling his feet almost, and the older Uchiha noticed both a mask and the first aid kit beside the chair his brother usually occupied.

He got a glare from Sasuke when the other passed him and slowly made his way up the stairs. Itachi glanced at Naruto to make sure he was still chained and blindfolded and then followed behind the other.

It was a long, slow process up the stairs, but Itachi didn't say anything. He was an asshole, and he knew it, but he saw no satisfaction in rubbing it in. So he just followed along silently and closed the door at the landing once he was through it.

haven't learned your lesson?" he inquired.

"I didn't tell him anything," Sasuke insisted, gritting his teeth while taking a seat at the table. "You just assumed. I'm not going to stop talking to him just because you're an asshole."

The older Uchiha didn't respond to that. He just turned and opened the cupboard to grab a bowl and some cereal, hearing the other flick his lighter, obviously lighting himself a cigarette.

"How's your back? Do you need help cleaning it?" Itachi asked mostly because he realized a bit too late last night that he needed Sasuke, and having the other in pain like this was actually a bad idea considering they were holding someone hostage. He'd allowed his rage to take over, and now he was a little uncomfortable with the knowledge that his brother wasn't in top form.

"Naruto cleaned it."

That stupid name again. Itachi was getting very tired of hearing it. Naruto, Naruto, Naruto. He knew his brother didn't approve of what they were doing, but he'd felt after the escape attempt, the younger Uchiha would realize they weren't friends. Apparently that was too much to ask for. No wonder he was the genius, his brother was clearly a moron.

"Has he been fed?"

"No."

"Feed him."

"I'm not your hired help," was the snapped reply.

Itachi smirked and turned around, now having filled up a bowl with milk and cereal, holding it in his hand and spooning a bite into his mouth. He slowly surveyed his brother while he chewed, taking his time to answer, and enjoying the way Sasuke shifted his weight uncomfortably while trying to force himself not to look away. He finally did and Itachi's smirk widened before he swallowed.

"I'm not going to feed him. If you don't, I guess he'll just starve."

With those final words, he headed into his bedroom so he could get started on some work, as well as trying to think of the next video, since he would need to have it done sooner rather than later.