Chapter 6

"What are you doing here?" I stammered.

He looked at me for a moment, confused, then angry. "I live here and would like to know why you're standing in my kitchen." He crossed his large arms over his chest, making the muscles bulge.

My mouth dropped open and I looked at the BF524. "You're the one who stole from my dad?!" I considered hitting him, but knew I didn't stand a chance so I held my ground.

He scoffed. "That old piece of crap?" He motioned to the simulator. "It does nothing. You're dad carries a whole load of junk with him. The boys couldn't find anything of use with him."

That was it. My patience was up.

"How dare you say that?! My dad is one of the smartest people in this town and has better 'crap' than you will ever have!" I went to grab the simulator to leave, but Adam stepped between me and it.

"Hold on, there," he said. "You don't get to take that."

"Why not?" I crossed my arms. "You say it's crap anyway."

"You're not getting it for free."

I swallowed a lump in my throat, my nerves catching up to me. "I don't have a lot of money. Please-"

"Adam," Louie cleared his throat. "A word, please."

Adam glared at his friends angrily and stepped to the side. I tried to listen in on their low whispers, but couldn't hear anything. I could just take the BF524 and leave, but Adam is probably a lot faster and stronger than me. My palms start to sweat and I feel my heart pumping wildly in my chest. My recent decisions have finally dawned on me and I realize just how stupid I have been. What have I gotten myself into? I was fighting with Adam in his kitchen.

Adam.

The bully.

"It's not money I need, but man power." Adam finally says.

"Do I look strong to you?" I motion to my thin and scrawny arms.

"Let me rephrase that, mind power." He points to his head.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"If you train me to be smarter, then I'll give you it back. If you're just a useless chunk of flesh who yells at me all day, you don't get it back. So no sulking all the time around me."

"Train you to be smarter? You mean tutor you?"

He flinched at the word tutor. "Yes."

This was probably one of the easiest tasks I was ever faced with. "Ok." I blinked at him.

He spit in his hand and held it out to me. "Deal?"

I cringed as I spit into my own hand and shook with his, our slimy palms rubbing together. "Deal."

"Oh," he pulled his hand away from me. "And you're finishing our english project."

***

"I cannot believe you did that!" Dusty exclaimed. "Bella, tutoring is one thing, but tutoring Adam? This could ruin you."

I rolled my eyes. "Dusty, what's the worst that could happen?" A lot actually. Adam could end up being some crazy psycho murderer and after I finish the project, he'll chop me into little bits like he probably did to my dad and throw my bit body into a river. "The worst part is, I still haven't found Papa."

She frowned as she popped a piece of popcorn into her mouth. "I've looked everywhere I can. Are you sure he isn't at the convention?"

"Positive." I grumbled. I couldn't think straight knowing he was out there alone.

"I've got to go," she sighed, getting up from my bed. Her eyes lit up. "Louie is taking me to dinner." She winked at me and giggled.

"Did he ask you to prom?!"

"Yeah, the other day while you were with Adam. He did it in the most romantic way, he put a tulip in my windshield with a tiny note written on the petals."

"That's so cute!"

"But, Gavin's proposal will still be better..."

"Dusty, I'm not going to prom with him. He thinks he can get everything he wants and he won't stop until I say yes. Ugh, it's such a turn off."

She frowned. "Persistence is cute in a guy. I'm checking you into a mental institution. Gotta go, I'm going to be late." And with that, she left.

I sighed as I crawled into my comforter, breathing in its familiar scent.

I just want everything to be normal again. I want Papa to be home and Gavin to just be his stupid self and I want Adam to mind his own beeswax.

I would trade anything for that.

****

Sorry it was so short! It was a filler chapter. The next chapter will be at least 1800 words.

So everyone wants to know, WHERE IS PAPA?! I had to change it up a bit from the movie, so where do you guys think he is? You may soon know ;)

Love you to Neverland and back,

-RavenclawMaven1198